Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Tesla Model S Has Found a Home in Newfoundland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone!

We received our Tesla Model S about a week ago and we are just blown away. I am really trying to promote EVs in Newfoundland as we have a electricity grid that is more than 80% hydro electricity and soon to be 99% in 2017 with the Muskrat Falls Generating Station comes online. Newfoundland has some beautiful scenery so I have been trying to get some great photos of the Model S. The picture below, I believe (please someone let me know if I'm wrong) is the first picture of a Model S with an iceberg in the background. I will try to get some more this weekend.

IMG_0027.jpg

Also, here is a link to an iCloud album with some more picture of that day. There is a company here in NL called Green Rock E.V.S than imports pre-owned EV's to sell to Newfoundlanders. This was during a photo shoot for a local magazine article that Green Rock E.V.S will be featured in.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A15Uzl7Ve8Qqx

Anyways,

I hope these pictures inspire some folks to come visit Newfoundland soon as it is a great place to experience!

Love the picture and, of course, the car!

P85+ | Pearl White | Black Performance Leather | 21" Silver Turbines | Pano | Tech Pkg | Premium Lighting | Parking Sensors | Piano Black | Fog Lamps| Sub Zero | Alcantara Headliner & Upper DT | UHFS | Smart Air | Dual Chargers | Parcel Shelf | CF Spoiler | RB Calipers | Delivery - late July |

Thats excellent! Are you coming as far as St. John's? If so do you know what hotel your staying at? I am pretty sure the only hotel with EV charging is the Hampton Inn and suites (St. John's Newfoundland Hotels - Hampton Inn St. John's Airport Hotel) Theres also the Sun country highway charger at the Chevy dealership. Their website says its a CS-90 but its actually a CS-60. And if you get stuck we have a NEMA 14-50 at our house you could use.

In any case, you lucked into good weather this weekend and if you would like to meet up somewhere let us know!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! Looks like Quidi Vidi?

Yes it is right at the mouth of it. How did you guess that? =) You must have lived here before?

I'll be headed to Newfoundland to visit family in August.

Not sure I'll get out to St. John's though. I'll be coming in from Port aux Basques on the west side, then veering south at Bishop's Falls. My sister lives in St. Albans.

Might come out to the east end while I'm here for something to do, though. Never been to St. John's in a car.

Hey there,

We had a pretty big snow storm here in St. John's the other day and I grabbed some pictures of our Model S before we dug her out.

We get a lot of comments from locals and just others in general about how is an electric vehicle going to work in a harsh Newfoundland winter. As we tell them, its been awesome! The car is steady as a rock in snow and ice and never had gotten stuck anywhere (can't say the same for our other vehicles). Theres been some quirks with the frames-windows getting frozen and significantly higher energy consumption in the winter on short trips but overall been a great experience.

I thought there was a thread about posting winter pictures of Model S but I could not find it.

IMG_0598 (1).jpg
IMG_0601 (1).jpg