Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in the Willamette Valley Wine Country

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are planning a trip down to the Willamette Valley from Seattle, and chose to stay at the Le Puy Inn in Newberg. When I wrote the innkeeper asking whether they have a place to plug in, I was told that they have not only an electric car charging station, but also a 9.9 kW solar array. I was very pleased, because this gives us a lot more flexibility in planning our route. I thought others would want to know.

We are planning a trip down to the Willamette Valley from Seattle, and chose to stay at the Le Puy Inn in Newberg. When I wrote the innkeeper asking whether they have a place to plug in, I was told that they have not only an electric car charging station, but also a 9.9 kW solar array. I was very pleased, because this gives us a lot more flexibility in planning our route. I thought others would want to know.

Nice, but please include a link to this location so that others can use it!

Also, ask the owner if they mind being listed on Plugshare.

I realize this is an old thread, but we took our new Model S through Oregon Wine Country yesterday and were very happy with the Tesla charging availability. We visited Stoller Family Estate (where we are club members), Domain Drouhin, and Hyland Estates (where we became members yesterday!), all with Tesla-specific parking spaces and up to 64A chargers. We also discovered that Hyland Estates' sister winery Solena Estate has a charger too, though we didn't go there. Granted, this isn't the height of tourist season currently, but the Tesla "VIP" parking spots were empty and available at every place we visited. These were just brief destination charges for us as we live relatively local in Portland, but it's nice to know they are available. Just thought I'd share our positive experience! Santé!
Stoller Tesla.jpg