Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla accessories For RHD Australian Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going a little nuts waiting for the car, so decided to purchase some small accessories from Abstract Ocean to tide me over. Anyone planning on getting any additions to their car like the Centre Console, or Frunk/Trunk lighting? Or Calipers?

Fast postage, good service.

I bought: a Brown leather key holder, a magnetic phone holder and a USB charger that apparently charges your phone faster (doesn't work on my current car, hopefully works in Tesla).

Apparently I was their first Australian customer so they gave me a little black protector for free!

Put some photos below if anyone is interested.

2014-06-26 14.16.40.jpg
2014-06-26 14.17.03.jpg
2014-06-26 14.17.31.jpg
2014-06-26 14.17.53.jpg
2014-06-26 14.18.20.jpg
2014-06-26 14.18.45.jpg

I really like the matte screen protector from Abstract Ocean because it hids the fingerprints that make the 17" screen look disgusting. I also bought the silicone fobpockets to protect the fob and the Kinsington power plug so I can charge an iPad at 2.1amps. Many people don't know it, but the USB provided on the Model S won't charge an iPad because it puts out only 1.0 amps.

@MarkR, I assume you are referring to this product? Screen Protectors (Twin pack) for Tesla Model S - Abstract Ocean

Matte screen protectors typically reduce the apparent screen brightness somewhat. I take it that you do not find the reduced brightness to be an issue? Thanks. I may try one. At first I thought they only sold them in two-packs but now I see they offer singles at Screen Protectors (single pack) for Tesla Model S - Abstract Ocean
Ecarfan: You are correct. The screen image is very slightly dimmer and not quite as sharp, but it's well worth it to avoid the gross appearance. I just bought the single pack - took about seven minutes to install. Don't rush it!

I bought the windshield and rear window sunshades from Heatshield direct. They do gold but other than colour there is no difference in performance from the silver and silver are $10 cheaper. I ordered a fob pocket from Teslaaccessories 3 weeks ago,, but as yet, it has not turned up. Agree, am going quietly crazy waiting!!

Two items that interest me are:

1. The centre console from EVAnnex/Teslaccessories.com http://www.teslaccessories.com/collections/custom-cci
2. 19" Grey or Black Wheels from T Sportline https://www.tsportline.com/t-sportline-tst-19wheel-has-arrived/

I'm just not sure how cost effective it will be to ship 4 wheels half way around the globe.

- - - Updated - - -

1. The centre console from EVAnnex/Teslaccessories.com http://www.teslaccessories.com/collections/custom-cci
2. 19" Grey or Black Wheels from T Sportline https://www.tsportline.com/t-sportline-tst-19wheel-has-arrived/

I'm just not sure how cost effective it will be to ship 4 wheels half way around the globe.

... and I'd kinda like one of these grills from http://www.teslaccessories.com/pages/mesh-grille
tesla grill.jpg

... and I'd kinda like one of these grills from http://www.teslaccessories.com/pages/mesh-grille

I like the mesh grill and the centre console - note though:

IMPORTANT: The CCI has been designed for left-hand drive versions (U.S, the EU, and most other countries) of the Model S. It will NOT fit properly in right-hand drive versions of the car (i.e, versions available in England, Australia, Hong Kong, and other RHD countries). However, we will consider offering a right-hand drive version of the CCI if there is sufficient demand. Please contact us if you'd like to go on a waiting list.

I really like the matte screen protector from Abstract Ocean because it hids the fingerprints that make the 17" screen look disgusting. I also bought the silicone fobpockets to protect the fob and the Kinsington power plug so I can charge an iPad at 2.1amps. Many people don't know it, but the USB provided on the Model S won't charge an iPad because it puts out only 1.0 amps.
Does the silicone slide easily in and out of a jeans pocket?

I like the mesh grill and the centre console - note though:

IMPORTANT: The CCI has been designed for left-hand drive versions (U.S, the EU, and most other countries) of the Model S. It will NOT fit properly in right-hand drive versions of the car (i.e, versions available in England, Australia, Hong Kong, and other RHD countries). However, we will consider offering a right-hand drive version of the CCI if there is sufficient demand. Please contact us if you'd like to go on a waiting list.

Good point - thanks Higgy. It may well just be worth waiting for the official Tesla Centre Console if it eventuates http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/premium-center-console.

Thought I would refresh this thread, as I am keen to know what the must have accessories are. I was keen to get the tesla centre console, but I have read they are no longer being made. Does anybody have a centre console from tesla or any other company. Also interested to look at the rear console.

I've owned the EVAnnex CCI, and (currently have) the Tesla Center Console.

The EVAnnex one I had was one of the first (2013, I think?), and I ended up returning it (they have a generous returns policy, not so helpful if you're 6000 miles away though!). I thought it was good, but at the time I felt the build quality could have been better, and functionally it was a bit lacking; my understanding is that both of those issues have since been improved upon.

I had the Tesla one fitted last week. It certainly looks 'factory', and it's solid. However, functionally it's still fairly poor; if I didn't need it for product development, I probably would return it. In particular:

- The phone holder/charger is very poorly conceived; the positioning is horrible (you have to divert your eyes a long way down to see it), and your phone will wobble on the charging mount (which is only connectable to one of the integrated USB ports, so charging is slow, too slow if you're using Waze). I still use my phone mounted to dash, far safer.
- The cup holders are good. A bit deep, but the partitioning system is a nice touch. However, the sliding door over the top of it is not, you have to do this weird push down and back action to open it. So weird, they had to 'train' me at the Service Center...didn't take but a second, but in my book something isn't right with a product so simple if you need guidance on how to use it
- Only available in Piano black; truth is, it doesn't matter much, unless you're going to close the phone port/pocket every time. I don't; it's just a small bin to store USB keys in, and a charging cable that can connect to a higher amperage USB charger.

I've seen a few other home-brew solutions on TMC over the past couple of years, but none of them were close to be of an acceptable standard to go in a Model S. There's other canvas-type solutions that Amazon has, but again, kind of cheap for this kind of car.

Tesla is still selling the Center Console, although the store page refers non-US Customers to their local SC. Given that Tesla is a company of many talents, they really screwed this up so many times, in so many ways.

I've owned the EVAnnex CCI, and (currently have) the Tesla Center Console.

The EVAnnex one I had was one of the first (2013, I think?), and I ended up returning it (they have a generous returns policy, not so helpful if you're 6000 miles away though!). I thought it was good, but at the time I felt the build quality could have been better, and functionally it was a bit lacking; my understanding is that both of those issues have since been improved upon.

I had the Tesla one fitted last week. It certainly looks 'factory', and it's solid. However, functionally it's still fairly poor; if I didn't need it for product development, I probably would return it. In particular:

- The phone holder/charger is very poorly conceived; the positioning is horrible (you have to divert your eyes a long way down to see it), and your phone will wobble on the charging mount (which is only connectable to one of the integrated USB ports, so charging is slow, too slow if you're using Waze). I still use my phone mounted to dash, far safer.
- The cup holders are good. A bit deep, but the partitioning system is a nice touch. However, the sliding door over the top of it is not, you have to do this weird push down and back action to open it. So weird, they had to 'train' me at the Service Center...didn't take but a second, but in my book something isn't right with a product so simple if you need guidance on how to use it
- Only available in Piano black; truth is, it doesn't matter much, unless you're going to close the phone port/pocket every time. I don't; it's just a small bin to store USB keys in, and a charging cable that can connect to a higher amperage USB charger.

I've seen a few other home-brew solutions on TMC over the past couple of years, but none of them were close to be of an acceptable standard to go in a Model S. There's other canvas-type solutions that Amazon has, but again, kind of cheap for this kind of car.

Tesla is still selling the Center Console, although the store page refers non-US Customers to their local SC. Given that Tesla is a company of many talents, they really screwed this up so many times, in so many ways.

Could you send us a photo of your centre console installed?

Doubt it would be a 'must have' for anyone, but I decided to get the storage bags for both the square space at the back of the froot and the underfloor space in the rear. Normally would never touch branded luggage but having things that efficiently fill those two unusual spaces I thought was useful for packing efficiency. And the bags themselves are reasonable quality for the price, unlike most overpriced manufacturers' products.

@MarkR, I assume you are referring to this product? Screen Protectors (Twin pack) for Tesla Model S - Abstract Ocean

Matte screen protectors typically reduce the apparent screen brightness somewhat. I take it that you do not find the reduced brightness to be an issue? Thanks. I may try one. At first I thought they only sold them in two-packs but now I see they offer singles at Screen Protectors (single pack) for Tesla Model S - Abstract Ocean

I don't have these but perhaps someone who does can comment. Matte displays (my preference) on laptops also help with glare from the sun. Is it fair to say these will do the same?

Good point - thanks Higgy. It may well just be worth waiting for the official Tesla Centre Console if it eventuates http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/premium-center-console.

Hey MangroveMike,

I went to the Sydney Tesla showroom on the weekend billion mile promotion thingo, and I was speaking with one of their staff there who said that he had installed centre consoles...thus giving me the impression that Tesla does indeed sell these accessories for RHD cars right here and now in Australia. So I would enquire with those guys if you want one... I didn't want to argue with him - he seemed to know what he was talking about.