Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No styrofoam cups in my Model S from now on.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't believe this happened. It looks like Mr. Miyagi took a whack at my cup. The arm rest accidentally got shoved forward slicing the cup in half and sending it into the CC. Luckily the cup wasn't but half full or I'd have had a huge mess. Let's just say no more styrofoam cups allowed in my car anymore.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    710.8 KB · Views: 1,083
I can't believe this happened. It looks like Mr. Miyagi took a whack at my cup. The arm rest accidentally got shoved forward slicing the cup in half and sending it into the CC. Luckily the cup wasn't but half full or I'd have had a huge mess. Let's just say no more styrofoam cups allowed in my car anymore.
Well you shouldn't be using Styrofoam anyway! Now I know what to get you for Christmas, the Tesla water bottle!

I was just going to start a new thread about what happened to me last week.....similar situation. Full cup of large McDonald's coffee in their styrofoam cup sitting in the passenger side cup holder. I had to step out of the car to drop something off, when I jumped back into the driver seat, my right elbow wacked the coffee cup, popping the lid off, and splattering black coffee/light cream/no sugar over the plastic panels, touch screen, between the arm rest sliders, on the passenger seat, in the crevices between the front seats and the center console, footwell, and the dashboard.

Yes, I work out a lot and the little love tap from my elbow crushed the cup like a little girlie-man, hanz and franz style.

Luckily I had a couple of microfibers towels hiding in the glove box. I was surprised how easily the coffee wiped off of majority of the surfaces, especially the alcantara (or is it ultra suede) material on the sport seats. The big issue was trying to clean under and between the arm rests and in the crevices between the seats and the center console. Thankfully for this forum, I found out the arm rests lift up with a little pressure and pull. However, I think the only way to really clean between the seats is by removing them. The car has a date with one of our local Service Centers to get detailed by their detailler.

I've learned to really hate that center console for quite a few reasons. I dislike strongly the location of the cup holders, the height of the console, the shear simplicity of the console (no phone holders, no knooks or crannies), and used to love the emptiness of having nothing as a true center console....but now wish there had been a thought out design for a center glove box console seeing the glove box is miniscule.

I wish I had taken pics of the mess, but as soon as it happened, I panicked and began cleaning up the spill with a quickness.

I was just going to start a new thread about what happened to me last week.....similar situation. Full cup of large McDonald's coffee in their styrofoam cup sitting in the passenger side cup holder. I had to step out of the car to drop something off, when I jumped back into the driver seat, my right elbow wacked the coffee cup, popping the lid off, and splattering black coffee/light cream/no sugar over the plastic panels, touch screen, between the arm rest sliders, on the passenger seat, in the crevices between the front seats and the center console, footwell, and the dashboard.

Yes, I work out a lot and the little love tap from my elbow crushed the cup like a little girlie-man, hanz and franz style.

Luckily I had a couple of microfibers towels hiding in the glove box. I was surprised how easily the coffee wiped off of majority of the surfaces, especially the alcantara (or is it ultra suede) material on the sport seats. The big issue was trying to clean under and between the arm rests and in the crevices between the seats and the center console. Thankfully for this forum, I found out the arm rests lift up with a little pressure and pull. However, I think the only way to really clean between the seats is by removing them. The car has a date with one of our local Service Centers to get detailed by their detailler.

I've learned to really hate that center console for quite a few reasons. I dislike strongly the location of the cup holders, the height of the console, the shear simplicity of the console (no phone holders, no knooks or crannies), and used to love the emptiness of having nothing as a true center console....but now wish there had been a thought out design for a center glove box console seeing the glove box is miniscule.

I wish I had taken pics of the mess, but as soon as it happened, I panicked and began cleaning up the spill with a quickness.
Not to worry, Luder94. The center console will be here in just 4 days!!! They did say June, right?? And they ALWAYS meet their deadlines, right?? What!!??? Not always??? Well...shuckey darn and drat even!!!

Not to worry, Luder94. The center console will be here in just 4 days!!! They did say June, right?? And they ALWAYS meet their deadlines, right?? What!!??? Not always??? Well...shuckey darn and drat even!!!

My attitude is different, I had a 2 year wait for my car and it came approximately a month late, partially due to two snow storms and the Xmas holiday - I think that is an excellent record for a start-up company and always give Tesla the benefit of the doubt...

Yep, the cup holders are the worst. I'm thinking about one of those fat bottom no-tip cups that can just sit down in the center floor area. Hope you guys are able to get your spills cleaned up without any damage.

Really, I just replied to say this: Bonnie - you are hilarious! So glad I followed the snippiness link. :p

Love the snippiness thread. My face while reading it:

xN2qVPQ.gif

As for styrofoam cups... 2 product recommendations!

For neutral temp liquids my fav water bottle ever is this one:
P3I4YO3.jpg

Thermos Nissan Intak Hydration Bottle with Meter
-- love it for the covered spout, 'lock', BPA-free, leak-proof, indestructible, 6 colors.

For cold/hot liquids...
lH0WPjI.jpg

Backpack Bottle JMW500 by Thermos
-- I've put hot coffee into one of these things, and 8 hours later it could still burn my tongue! Super leak-proof, not easily chopped in half.

I think the mod who moved it was responding to forum members' complaints about the lecturing tone. Seems a number of people missed the *humor* in the post.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, my posts get over there all the time, sometimes I move my own there. Everyone ends up there for a variety of reasons. Not a big deal.

If you have one of the older cars, besides the "half cup" you also get holes in the side from the clamps (which are great for non-styrofoam cups as they keep it from rolling around).