Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you trade a ride in a Tesla for a chance to shoot a machine gun?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I get this call from a friend of a friend asking if I'd trade a ride in the Tesla for an opportunity to shoot a machine gun. I hesitated for almost 13 nanoseconds thinking "Would I prostitute the wife's car for a chance like this?" Well YA!!!

Later I asked about legality and he assured me he has the necessary permits etc. I have not done my due diligence but this is way better than the offers to chauffeur newly weds around, we've been getting lately on the local Portland Tesla group site! Will wait until I get the daughters take (Portland lawyer, lots of connections to ask). I guess such things are completely illegal in some states e.g. WA but supposedly in Oregon, if it was manufactured as a fully automatic weapon, he has a license to own... we'll see.

Cal

Contrary to popular belief, fully automatic guns are not illegal to own or operate. There's a few rules, one of them being the gun must have been manufactured and registered before 1986 when the changes to law took affect. That's probably easiest route. If you want to purchase a brand new fully automatic weapon, there are permits you can apply for to get them.

Just don't combine the two activities please...

Somebody should make an electric rail gun powered by the model S battery pack. Personally, I wouldn't mind a few mini rail guns extending out of the MS fenders to take out some annoying drivers in front of me. Or really just make it a pop up rail gun from the frunk and use the 17" display to lock on target and fire away. :p

Somebody should make an electric rail gun powered by the model S battery pack. Personally, I wouldn't mind a few mini rail guns extending out of the MS fenders to take out some annoying drivers in front of me. Or really just make it a pop up rail gun from the frunk and use the 17" display to lock on target and fire away. :p

I might be feeling the stirrings of the first mod!

As you can guess from my user name, of course I would take him up on it. Shooting machine guns may just be the most fun you can have with your pants on (it may be tied with flooring a P85+). Legally registered machine guns are incredibly expensive, since the registration of new machine guns has been banned since 1986. If he has a registered M-16, that gun would quickly sell for $15,000 to $20,000 if made available for sell. I would take him up on the offer, he knows that your Tesla is expensive, so he is offering use of his expensive toy in exchange for the ride.

If anyone is interested, I'll take them for a ride in my P+ to the range where we can shoot my machine-gun (suppressed).

And no, they are not illegal, immoral or unethical. It is simply a matter of personal choice. I think you should marry who you want, pray as/if you want and own what you want. All I ask is that you act in a responsible adult fashion and take care for those around you.

Ah heck a reason to buy the Panoramic Roof use the mounting holes and be able to shoot in all directions!!!

If anyone is interested, I'll take them for a ride in my P+ to the range where we can shoot my machine-gun (suppressed).

Ahem.......can I opt for a ride in your 52 Outerlimits with Merc 1350's (or did you upgrade to the 1700hp Sterlings?) instead of firing your Class III full-auto weapon with a threaded "hearing conservation" accoutrement ?

Last edited: