Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bring Back Eleven!

Do you want Tesla to Birng Back Eleven!

• No. I also hate kittens and don't watch movies.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Heck Yes!

Votes: 67 73.6%
  • Not only Yes!, but how about a 18" Stonehenge!

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
Version 5.11 of the firmware has changed the HVAC controls so the fan now only goes to 10. Previously, it went to 11, and as we all know, that's 1 faster than 10. When we needed that extra kick of cooling, where other cars maxed out at 10, BOOM! we could go to 11!

I know... you are probably saying "In this new firmware they just made 10 the fastest setting." The flaw with that is that 11 is one more than 10!

The volume control still has it right... when we need a few more decibels... 11!

So, I humbly request: BRING BACK ELEVEN!

Sure there those out there who may have been surprised or confused that the the fan went higher. Of course they are more confused now that the volume does and the fan doesn't. Is the answer to this to make the volume control 10 also? Duh... of course not.

Is it a serious issue? No. Will some people not up on their cult-classic movie watching scratch their heads? Yes. Do we want Tesla to lose the fun little easter-eggs that help set it apart as a fun company and become stodgier over time? No!

These are the folks that came up with "frunk". They (along with SpaceX) have a datacenter named "Cyberdyne Systems". The DNS name for the computers the model S talks to is "mothership". Elon just made a "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" reference in an interview, and recent posted a blog entitled "All our patent are belong to you."

Please.. don't lose the slight irreverence on the way to growing up to be a big car company... BRING BACK ELEVEN!

Last edited:
This_aa5bc3_178350.jpg

I know... you are probably saying "In this new firmware they just made 10 the fastest setting." The flaw with that is that 11 is one more than 10!
But... <puzzled look> 11 is one higher than 10?!?

They (along with SpaceX) have a datacenter named "Cyberdyne Systems".
I think SpaceX needs a rocket motor division named "Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems" :smile:

That's enough goofy 80's movie references from me, we now return you to our regularly scheduled program...

silly. going to 11 is cute as a boomer cultural reference. However, it just doesn't matter. Besides, 10 or 11 is so loud that I never turn it up that far anyway. And for the record, you need a poll option for "I hate kittens but want 11"

10 or 11 is so loud that I never turn it up that far anyway.
For me that's not the case. With the roof open and the front windows down, even 11 is too quiet at 40+ mph.

- - - Updated - - -

I must be the only one other than you on these forums to understand this reference as I've made it a ton of times with no response. I bet everyone else is too old to get it. lol
I'm getting too old as well. An ex-GF was into that stuff. :)