Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What savings getting a loaner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has a fixed $/mile and $/month reduction from MSRP when they sell loaner cars. The age and milage varies depending on what they have at the moment.

I would just call the nearest Tesla store and ask.

GSP

And as of earlier this year, a new rule went into effect that loaners must be at least 90 days old before being sold because people were depleting service centers of all their loaners by buying them soon after the service center received them.

Just got my showroom / demo P85 model 3 months ago

Discounted 1% per 30-days since build PLUS $1 for each mile.

My discount was over $9,000 which was $1115 per month x 4 (1% per month x 4 since was built 4 months earlier) plus $4755 (for the 4755 miles on the car)

edited: And I still get the $7500 tax credit too

Mine arrives on Monday assuming all goes to schedule. It has 2,911 miles:

Model S $69,900.00

60 kWh Battery -

Grey Metallic Paint $750.00

All Glass Panoramic Roof $2,500.00

19" Silver Cyclone Wheels $2,500.00

19' Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade $1,000.00

Grey Nappa Leather Seats $1,500.00

Piano Black Décor -

Matching Yacht Floor $500.00

Twin Chargers $1,500.00

Supercharger Enabled $2,000.00

Tech Package $3,750.00

Smart Suspension $2,250.00

Parking Sensors $500.00

Parcel Shelf $250.00

Brake Calipers – Black -

Destination and Regulatory Documentation Fee $1,170.00

Subtotal $88,900.00

Total $90,070.00

Showroom Discount $-8,315.00

Estimated Subtotal of Taxable Items $81,755.00

I bought an 85 loaner. Absolutely love the car. Minor scratches on the yaught floor, frunk dent, but otherwise great. Figured the scratches and frunk were likely to happen anyhow (although the frunk dent annoys me.. the only "un-tesla" thing about the model s, both in terms of design and in how they've neglected to fix it for people. changing the instructions up proves just how wrong it is)

$7,809 off, 4,147 on the odometer. Had the car within 10 days of purchase. Was exactly what I had configured but with the pano roof.

My understanding of it was to look for them towards the end of the quarter.

I received at -8,348.00 discount on mine with about 4800 miles on it. It was worth it as it came in perfect condition (both interior and exterior), the warranty is for 50,000 miles AFTER you receive it (so my warranty will go to 54800) and you still get the $7500 tax credit. I was originally planning on a S60 with a slim config (tech,pano, and parking sensors), but because of the discount I went for a bit more loaded (tech,pano,parking,leather,cyclone wheels,primacy tires,supercharging,yacht floor,smart suspension,upgraded sound). Had it in about a week, I received it with a few days left in Tesla's quarter - which is probably the best time for these.

I received at -8,348.00 discount on mine with about 4800 miles on it. It was worth it as it came in perfect condition (both interior and exterior), the warranty is for 50,000 miles AFTER you receive it (so my warranty will go to 54800) and you still get the $7500 tax credit. I was originally planning on a S60 with a slim config (tech,pano, and parking sensors), but because of the discount I went for a bit more loaded (tech,pano,parking,leather,cyclone wheels,primacy tires,supercharging,yacht floor,smart suspension,upgraded sound). Had it in about a week, I received it with a few days left in Tesla's quarter - which is probably the best time for these.

I called them yesterday and they had one sitting but it was $75K after all the tax credits (tech, pano, parking, leather, super charging, yacht floor, coil suspension and upgraded sound). When is the best time to call Tesla for loaner car?

- - - Updated - - -

jskenney can you share with us how much you paid for the config on the loaner?