Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bremerton Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Headed from Issaquah to Bremerton this weekend for my son's soccer tournament. Will do a range charge the night before, 85KW - looks like it's 160 miles rt without any local driving in Bremerton.

I've never needed to use a charger other than home and a supercharger - what should I expect if I use a Blink or some other charging network for a bit of charging? Which adapter(s) do I need, what is the rate of charge on Blink, any problems?

Thanks.

For public charger stations, you need to carry the J1772 adapter that came with the car. You don't need your UMC, as the adapter connects to the end of the public charge station cable and fits the port on the car. However, I would recommend bringing the UMC and your NEMA adapters just in case. You may have access to a standard 120V outlet or an RV outlet.

As for the speed of charging, the ChargePoint and Aerovironment stations will usually give you around 15-18 rated miles/hour of charge. I have heard that Blink stations are sometimes dialed down because of overheating problems they have had, and they could be markedly slower. On the other hand, with conservative driving, you should have no problem getting 160 miles or more from a full charge. If you drive more slowly, you will get home sooner. :wink:

Use plugshare/recargo to look up the local chargers. Often there will be current status of the chargers so you can avoid going to a broken one. There appear to be Blink and SemaCharge units around that area.

In general, I think the whole Blink network to be very aptly named as they seem to be on the blink a lot... Do you have SemaCharge or Blink cards? Supposedly, you don't really need the cards but I've found that to be hit or miss.

I would range charge for a buffer of 100 miles and only hit a charger if you really need it.