Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster #381 sold on ebay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roadster #381 sold on ebay for $49,500.

00Y0Y_gKWvcf5KTqJ_600x450.jpg

Looks like someone got a pretty good deal on this one (45k miles, clean carfax). Admittedly, I have not seen the car in person, but if it checks out, then I'd say this has been a great price. What do you think?

Roadster #381 sold on ebay for $49,500.

Looks like someone got a pretty good deal on this one (45k miles, clean carfax). Admittedly, I have not seen the car in person, but if it checks out, then I'd say this has been a great price. What do you think?

That's getting down to the price where it's hard to pass up having a roadster in the garage. I'm sure my wife would disagree. :)

Being in the market for a Roadster, I watched this one pretty close. Casey at the dealership said that a standard mode charge gave 178 ideal miles. He didn't know what a range mode charge would give. He was not super helpful with what options were on #381, so I didn't bid.

Waiting is tough. I wish I had bought one during the CPO glut last year. I'm hoping there will be a minor influx when the Model X rolls out. What worries me is that Elon will come out with "something cool" for the Roadsters and pump the prices back up. Good for current owners, but bad for us future owners. If anyone with a brilliant yellow or twilight blue Roadster is looking to sell... PM me. I can wait semi-patiently for your X to arrive. :)

Being in the market for a Roadster, I watched this one pretty close. Casey at the dealership said that a standard mode charge gave 178 ideal miles. He didn't know what a range mode charge would give.

That is on the low side for a standard charge, isn't it?

I was a bit surprised to see that Roadster close out at just under $50k. Though it did appear that both door sills were damaged, which made me wonder how well the car was taken care of.

I have only been watching the Roadster market for less than a year but it seems like prices have stabilized and might even be going up a bit.

I want one.

Yep, that's why I didn't bid. It seemed scratched up, Low ideal miles (but it does have 45K miles), lack of complete list of options, and no paint armor -- it looked like the front was pitted. At least you have an S85 to keep you satisfied until you get one.

Maybe the new owner will chime in here. I hope it's in better shape and was a super bargain!

That is on the low side for a standard charge, isn't it?

No, its not low at all but rather really good for a Roadster with 41k if it still has the original ESS. Its not the ideal miles that tell the truth about the health of the battery, CAC is more accurate and the value I keep an eye on and care about.

My CAC is now at 156.20 but its ending at 182 ideal miles in standard mode. Its a refurbished pack Tesla hooked me up with, I've had the CAC go up as 160 and ideal miles hit 188. CAC will bounce around a bit, its been down to 155 over the winter and high 157's this late spring. If I do some "calibration" tricks with a long drive I can make my ideal miles climb up by 5.

Last edited:
What worries me is that Elon will come out with "something cool" for the Roadsters and pump the prices back up.

History suggests that anything cool will be expensive. With a pair of upgraded headlights going for more than $2500, anything actually "cool" will be five figures.

Would you pay $20K for a Model S port and supercharger access?
Would you pay $25K for a battery with more range?
Would you pay $30K for an upgrade drivetrain that does 0-60 in under 3 seconds?

Not saying those will be our options, but my prediction is whatever Tesla does is going to be pricey.

Last edited:
History suggests that anything cool will be expensive. With a pair of upgraded headlights going for more than $2500, anything actually "cool" will be five figures.

Would you pay $20K for a Model S port and supercharger access?
Would you pay $25K for a battery with more range?
Would you pay $30K for an upgrade drivetrain that does 0-60 in under 3 seconds?

Not saying those will be our options, but my prediction it whatever Tesla does is going to be pricey.

Those guesstimates are pretty close to what I would have predicted. They'll have a package deal where you can buy all three for $65K. Despite those high prices, I still think it will push up the price of used Roadsters slightly.

I recently bought #454 with only 3,800 miles in like new conditions for just over $50k and I know of another 1.5 that was purchased in February for $47k with about 22k miles. The market for 1.5's seems to be between $45-$60 depending on mileage/condition/location. I think these prices are amazing and would not count on them going any lower, wouldn't be surprised if the prices go up from here.

If there's any more downward pricing of the Roadster it'll be with the X release. It'll be those with a Roadster still holding out for what the S couldn't fulfill who're patient enough to wait. I think the S was is the biggest flood of Roadsters to CPO market which caused the biggest drop in price due to the law of economics and the supply / demand curve. Anything future won't be as steep nor a pure buyers market like it was due to families needing more space that the Roadster couldn't accommodate with the switch to the S.

I wouldn't sell my Roadster for the world, with my background and networking through Tesla, the forum, and Lotus/racing friends I have the car I never dreamed about but ended up with due to my passions. It's surpassed my expectations and more, very proud to be an owner and enthusiast.

Agree...I have almost 75,000 KM's on my Roadster...I get 280 KM's (175MI) on a standard charge...my battery's CAC was 145.22 to 146.39 in the last week...(original ESS)

No, its not low at all but rather really good for a Roadster with 41k if it still has the original ESS. Its not the ideal miles that tell the truth about the health of the battery, CAC is more accurate and the value I keep an eye on and care about.

My CAC is now at 156.20 but its ending at 182 ideal miles in standard mode. Its a refurbished pack Tesla hooked me up with, I've had the CAC go up as 160 and ideal miles hit 188. CAC will bounce around a bit, its been down to 155 over the winter and high 157's this late spring. If I do some "calibration" tricks with a long drive I can make my ideal miles climb up by 5.

- - - Updated - - -

How about all three for $30K? (gotta show we Roadster folks some luv...:wink:):biggrin:

Those guesstimates are pretty close to what I would have predicted. They'll have a package deal where you can buy all three for $65K. Despite those high prices, I still think it will push up the price of used Roadsters slightly.