Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For sale Tesla Model S 85 kWh main lithium battery pack with less then 500 miles - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For sale Tesla Model S 85 kWh main lithium battery pack with less then 500 miles

Battery in perfect shape, taken from a salvage car with less then 500 miles.

List Date: 6/24/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: For sale Tesla Model S 85 kWh main lithium battery pack with less then 500 miles
--------------------------------------
SOLD

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

1df3b7cd-e263-4b6c-a953-a74a60245e792.jpg
6c2f1723-cf12-463b-9d64-787d581c3f28.jpg
ccc8d856-f60c-4801-8caa-073dc7a99a2a.JPG
7b6a66cd-44c9-4366-a2c8-d6cfe5ca8f972.JPG
d910e0a2-d541-401b-b6b7-9360a942117b2.JPG
1255c62b-deec-4637-8c71-2f53412609ac2.JPG

Attachments

• Tyler & Charles to California 297.jpg
    Tyler & Charles to California 297.jpg
    882.6 KB · Views: 3,682
  • Tyler & Charles to California 298.jpg
    Tyler & Charles to California 298.jpg
    939.1 KB · Views: 3,613
  • Tyler & Charles to California 299.jpg
    Tyler & Charles to California 299.jpg
    912.1 KB · Views: 4,002
  • Tyler & Charles to California 300.jpg
    Tyler & Charles to California 300.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,783
  • Tyler & Charles to California 307.jpg
    Tyler & Charles to California 307.jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 3,705
Last edited:
Are all of the photos of the pack that is actually for sale or just the last photo? The first two look to be taken at the Tesla factory and the third one shows what appears to be damage on the front left corner of the pack. Do you know what the SoC on the battery is?

The last photo is of the actual pack, sorry for the pour quality. There is no damage, I think it is a piece of black plastic wrap, i will try to post more pics. When taken out the rated range was 0 miles, but car was not dead.

I looked at buying a "swimmer" and tried to work with Tesla to see what the status of the pack was on last reporting along with error codes and the like. The whole car could have been purchased for $10K. Tesla was mum citing customer privacy (and I was not looking for any customer information) so I abandoned the effort. If you can not get info from Tesla, these packs are nothing more than interesting engineering projects (IMHO, of course).

PS
I was looking to use the pack for off hours PV storage at home :)

I looked at buying a "swimmer" and tried to work with Tesla to see what the status of the pack was on last reporting along with error codes and the like. The whole car could have been purchased for $10K. Tesla was mum citing customer privacy (and I was not looking for any customer information) so I abandoned the effort. If you can not get info from Tesla, these packs are nothing more than interesting engineering projects (IMHO, of course).

PS
I was looking to use the pack for off hours PV storage at home :)

I hope to do the same with my battery when it's time for a new one. Thought about getting an Aquion M100 for the house now but at $15,000 for 22 kwh. it's just too pricey for me.
Energy Storage Batteries | Grid Energy Storage | Aquion M100 Battery Module

Brian,

It is just going to take a nerd attack to digest communication with the battery. We would need to know where the smarts are on charging and emulate that function if it does not reside in the battery. I'd also like the ability to DC charge directly using a buck switcher to drop a set of series PVs to a constant current source for direct DC charging so it would be important to understand the car's charger/battery relationship.

Someone could generate a nice little business if they digested the architecture and then bought totaled MS' on the wholesale market (to be used for off grid storage applications). Of course, they would have to step into Tesla's roll providing warranty and repair of packs which is going to require a bit of business savvy on top of the engineering chops :)

Yes, the pack is still for sale

I'd be interested perhaps $10k less than you're asking, provided you can give some more shots of the actual pack being sold, including the serial number/part number tag.

The fact that your first pics are of random batteries in the Tesla factory, and the only pic of the actual pack is very low resolution, has me concerned.