Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model S Pulls trailer a total of 258 Miles & Review of Towing Capability.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent!

I want to do some towing when I get my car.

This must be a custom tow hitch. Was it much drama getting it made? How is the tow hitch mounted to the vehicle? You would need some strong mounting points because the car has no chassis.
The hitch is made by Torqlift Central, the EcoHitch series. About $320. I have another video in this forum and on my channel with the installation. It goes between the bumper and the car. Very sturdy.

- - - Updated - - -

Did make me think that Tesla's back-in, edge-of-the-lot charging is 't good for people towing.

Almost every SC I have visited has at least 1 space you can pull straight into, mostly for those reversly challenged ;)

I've never met a trailer that I couldn't unhitch if I had to back in somewhere w/o said trailer....

Not the most elegant solution, but it probably beats waiting around for someone to build a straight-in charging site.

@islandbayy: please could you give some written details such as range achieved before needing to charge? I also found the headline and first post misleading.

Tip: Like a lot of folk I'm accessing TMC via phone much of the time which makes it tough to follow the video plus it would be really helpful to read your key points in a few sentences rather than watch a 12min film.

@islandbayy: please could you give some written details such as range achieved before needing to charge? I also found the headline and first post misleading.

Tip: Like a lot of folk I'm accessing TMC via phone much of the time which makes it tough to follow the video plus it would be really helpful to read your key points in a few sentences rather than watch a 12min film.

Sure, I will update original thread tonight, Off to work right now, sorry, but I will update! I am going to try and arrange to borrow a Teardrop camper from a local RV Dealer to test power consumption as well.

I've been told not to do it, but has anyone tried towing 1700+lbs? I'd love to be able to tow one of these. Alto Travel trailers by Safari Condo
I'm not planning on loading anywhere near that much on my MS. I am going to be purchasing a Teardrop from RetroRide Teardrop Trailers, Teardrop Campers, and Small Campers Most Likely the 5x8. It weights less then 1000 lbs with Air conditioner. That leaves some room for Gear. Although, I'd rather have gear in the Model S, it would be more Efficient. Apparently, someone from Texas (Arlington I believe) already drove up to them, and picked up one of their Teardrops after seeing my post on them here last year.

I am going to take a wing back by them and give a test drive pulling one on a back country road to gauge energy usage. I will need to charge up by them on a 240 though, as with my 60kW battery, I am cutting it close making the round trip from the Mauston Supercharger or Sandrift Resort. Rolled back in last year with CHARGE NOW on the screen...