Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App keeps changing setting to range charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else had this problem? Each time I log in to the app...it warns me to switch off of range charge. Each time I make this change, no problem. I check the console in the car and charging % looks as expected. I then check the app, and it again warns me to switch from range mode....and restarts charging the car...until I again, switch back to standard charge.
so the app appears to be 'stuck' on having me at range mode every time I log in.

Anyone else had this problem? Each time I log in to the app...it warns me to switch off of range charge. Each time I make this change, no problem. I check the console in the car and charging % looks as expected. I then check the app, and it again warns me to switch from range mode....and restarts charging the car...until I again, switch back to standard charge.
so the app appears to be 'stuck' on having me at range mode every time I log in.

Nope, that's weird.

Close out the app and reboot your phone, I have no idea if that will work but it's worth a shot. Might try unplugging your car while the phone reboots.

Since 5.9 I keep noticing from the car's console that its apparently set to charge at 40A. It doesn't have problems remembering to start at 2:00 AM.

Friday I left the Model S at home. Then from work decided I needed a full range charge for after work. From the iPhone app it charged at 26A, and I was happy.

Since 5.9 I keep noticing from the car's console that its apparently set to charge at 40A. It doesn't have problems remembering to start at 2:00 AM.

There's a bug in the software that has the display show 40 amps. If you actually watch while it charges, it uses the number that you set, and you don't have to change it.