Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Atlanta Store: 1580 Church St.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Atlanta is going to be a huge market for Tesla. Once it's not an "island" and is accessible to the rest of the country on Superchargers, I think we'll see a lot of activity in Atlanta. Heck, lots of people have commutes in Atlanta that jive well with the Tesla - plus there's a huge state subsidy.

I think its good that Tesla expand in Atlanta because it might stimulate Supercharger construction allowing access to Atlanta.

Chattanooga is on the Supercharger map but Birmingham is not. Decatur/Athens AL would be a natural node from Chattanooga, Birmingham, and Nashville. Another 100 miles west in Corinth MS puts you within 100 miles of Memphis. These are all Superchargers I would like to use, speaking as a Tesla owner who has never seen a Supercharger.

I went over to the factory recently since i was in the bay area for vacation and saw the superchargers they are soooo cool! Sadly factory tours were booked till September. In a recent news article i read they are looking to install 6-8 superchargers. (do you think they might install them at the brand new store)

Put comments below on what you think

Once the Decatur location opens (later this year?), there will be a high concentration of EVs in a very small area.
Across the street from the new Tesla showroom is a Nissan Dealer, and right next door is BMW.
I live a mile away and am hoping to take my November delivery close to home.

Once the Decatur location opens (later this year?), there will be a high concentration of EVs in a very small area.
Across the street from the new Tesla showroom is a Nissan Dealer, and right next door is BMW.
I live a mile away and am hoping to take my November delivery close to home.
I dont know when its going to open but when it does one of the dealerships is going down and its not tesla

I dont know when its going to open but when it does one of the dealerships is going down and its not tesla

It isn't that simple.

Georgia dealers seek to slam brakes on Tesla Motors' Atlanta expansion - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Tesla Fight Erupts in Georgia as Dealers Seek Sales Ban - Bloomberg

I hope it is ok to post these articles here too. I put them in the news section and then I noticed that there is nothing about the topic in the regional forums. It is time for Georgia to create the groundswell of Tesla support that is expected by some.

It isn't that simple.

Georgia dealers seek to slam brakes on Tesla Motors' Atlanta expansion - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Tesla Fight Erupts in Georgia as Dealers Seek Sales Ban - Bloomberg

I hope it is ok to post these articles here too. I put them in the news section and then I noticed that there is nothing about the topic in the regional forums. It is time for Georgia to create the groundswell of Tesla support that is expected by some.
I hope it doesn't go thru. Tesla should expand in atlanta

Tesla should simply build stores immediately across state lines outside of Georgia and other problem states. Stick their thumb in Georgia's eye and twist.
How would this hurt Georgia? it would still get the sales tax when the buyer registers the car in the state. Anyway I don't see Anniston, AL or Anderson, SC. etc. as hotbeds of potential Tesla sales.

Usual tesla no progress on atlanta. I guess there too caught up with the gigafactory, model x, and the ban on georgia. Be prepared for delays.

Why continue with the project if there is a chance this ban will go through? Tesla has plenty of markets clamoring for their cars and will just ship them where they can be sold. Tesla just opened up Japan and Australia, and China is a focus market so I doubt production will be impacted at all. Unfortunately, this will hurt GA the most since the tax revenue Tesla would have generated from sales will be lost and other States/Countries will benefit. As usual, politicians will bow to whomever contributes to their campaigns and do what's "right" by them (in this case the dealers association), not the general public. Given the current situation, the resources are probably better served elsewhere. Call your elected representatives and let them know you do not approve and your vote will be cast for another candidate in the next election if your voice is not heard!

Why continue with the project if there is a chance this ban will go through? Tesla has plenty of markets clamoring for their cars and will just ship them where they can be sold. Tesla just opened up Japan and Australia, and China is a focus market so I doubt production will be impacted at all. Unfortunately, this will hurt GA the most since the tax revenue Tesla would have generated from sales will be lost and other States/Countries will benefit. As usual, politicians will bow to whomever contributes to their campaigns and do what's "right" by them (in this case the dealers association), not the general public. Given the current situation, the resources are probably better served elsewhere. Call your elected representatives and let them know you do not approve and your vote will be cast for another candidate in the next election if your voice is not heard!
makes sense Tesla should just open the stores and superchargers as soon as they can just in case they get banned here

New Decatur Service Center and Showroom?

Drove by an abandoned car dealership on Church St last night and noticed some building activity.
For those familiar with what stand alone Dealerships look like, do these pics look like a Tesla Store in its infant stage?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry 'bout that last photo that requires a neck stretch.

Attachments

• Site4.jpg
    Site4.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 477
  • site1a.jpg
    site1a.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 419
  • t-3.JPG
    t-3.JPG
    826.9 KB · Views: 414
Drove by an abandoned car dealership on Church St last night and noticed some building activity.
For those familiar with what stand alone Dealerships look like, do these pics look like a Tesla Store in its infant stage?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry 'bout that last photo that requires a neck stretch.
Awesome finally progress I would estimate it to open by mid december