Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Battery Life Optimization Question: Car Driven 1~2 Weeks, Garaged 1~2 Weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this had been covered elsewhere (did not find anything on quick search), but here is the question:

Due to significant business travel, my Tesla is a daily driver (about 50 miles per day) for 1 to 2 weeks, then sits in the garage 1 to 2 weeks while I am on travel. It stays plugged in while in the garage with charge limit set to 75%. Is there something more I can do to maximize battery life with this type of driving / storage duty cycle?

50% is the best storage level. (bottom of the daily charge). Then the day before you come back, use the App to set the charge level back to your normal spot.

50% is the best storage level. (bottom of the daily charge). Then the day before you come back, use the App to set the charge level back to your normal spot.
I agree. I leave at 50% and plug in once a week or so if I'm not driving for that long a period (Leaf is the sacrificial daily driver out into ding-land). Charge up right before I hit the road to whatever level is necessary to bring me back home with at least 30%.

75% is already relatively benign to the battery. There's diminishing returns, esp. under the 90% range.

The other thing you can do is to make the garage relatively cool (like ventilation fans and insulating the garage door/roof depending on if you have heat sources in the garage).