Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICED in Buckeye

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Completely empty parking lot at Buckeye, AZ Supercharger. Still someone taking a supercharger spot.

bu2ebupe.jpg

I was there yesterday and there were 3 Teslas charging (including mine) - no spots ICEd. Although, a week ago, while I was charging a lady pulled into two adjacent charging spots diagonally in her ICE. She jumped out of the car, left her door open, and proceeded to the Red Box Machine - even though there were regular parking spot closer to the machine.

From the picture I don't see that. There appears to be a Supercharger pedestal on each and every white line defining a parking space. One Supercharger cable per space. No non-Supercharger spaces.

No .. I think what he meant is that some of the Supercharger stalls allow for general parking when the Super charger isn't in use. Usually, there is a listed time limit for for non tesla vehicles

I went back and looked at my pics from Buckeye... The signs at each space alternate between "Supercharger General Parking" (with no time limit), and "Electric Vehicle Parking". Both types of signs have the words on 3 rows.

From the OP's pic, you can't read the words, but this Camry is ICEing -- it's parked in one of the Electric Vehicle Parking designated slots. The first word is noticibly shorter than the sign one spot over...

Tesla could place the AZ-compliant signage that restricts spaces for EV charging only. However, AZ's law requires that the EV also have the AZ Alt Fuel plate - so out of state Teslas would technically be violating that law if charging. So I'm guessing they decided not to use that signage...

I went back and looked at my pics from Buckeye... The signs at each space alternate between "Supercharger General Parking" (with no time limit), and "Electric Vehicle Parking". Both types of signs have the words on 3 rows.
Well no wonder these spots are ICE'd. What in the world does "Supercharger General Parking" mean? If the language describing the restriction of use isn't clear to a Tesla owner, how can we expect non-Tesla owners to know what this vague language means?

Maybe it's some sort of compromise that Tesla has made with the property owners, but those signs are damned confusing... even to me sometimes.

Here's an example of one I've come across:

IMG_1272.JPG

It should either be a charging spot... or not!

Maybe it's some sort of compromise that Tesla has made with the property owners, but those signs are damned confusing... even to me sometimes.

Here's an example of one I've come across:

View attachment 52139

It should either be a charging spot... or not!

actually, if you have to share the spot, that signage isn't bad. the top sign simply announces the service at the spot. the bottom sign gives the regulation. Anyone can park there for up to an hour. An EV that is charging can stay longer. Of course, does that mean a tesla can charge for an hour and then sit for an additional hour?

Well no wonder these spots are ICE'd. What in the world does "Supercharger General Parking" mean? If the language describing the restriction of use isn't clear to a Tesla owner, how can we expect non-Tesla owners to know what this vague language means?

I agree "Supercharger General Parking" is horrible language. Signs should be simple like:

Electric Vehicle Charging Only
[Time Limit] Parking Except for Electric Vehicle Charging -- times could be 30 min, 1 hour, 90 min, etc
Unrestricted Parking