Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amsterdam, the Netherlands looking for Model S & home exchange vacation aug-sep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ErnstT

Apr 30, 2014
amsterdam
Dear New England Tesla owners,

Could anyone be interested in exchanging their Tesla and home for a vacation between 14-20 days in the late august through end of september timeframe? I am offering on my end, our S 85 with our beautiful spacious Townhouse in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

We want to drive around New England in a model S, same as we took delivery about a month ago. We enjoy driving it so much and would just love to drive one on vacation too! Preferrably with a nice house suitable for a couple in a good location as a starting point for trips and sightseeing.

Beside the car we have a great house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, designer house 6 years ago with all modern comfort. Situated in a nice area with interesting architecture, quiet yet close to the city center. It is available on an exchange base with the car. The location itself is a great starting point for European travel. For example, Berlin is about 7 hours away including 2 stops for the supercharger. But, close to the home, Amsterdam has great things to offer visitors. The State Museum "Rijksmuseum" has just been re-opened and was recently visited by Obama :biggrin:

Tesla driving in the Netherlands is easy with short distances between cities and a high density of charging points. The Supercharger network is rolling out quickly to drive into Germany, Switzerland and Scandinavia.

I have never participated in vacation home exchanges before, but I would just love the idea of driving the greatest car I ever owned in a nice part of the USA, and at the same time, our exchange partner enjoys the same privilege in Europe. And, with Euro gasoline prices averaging US$ 8 per gallon, premium car rentals at about $ 150 a day, European roadtrips in an exchanged Tesla make a lot of sense!
If you are interested let me know so we can exchange ideas and details :cool:

Wow, that's a great idea! I love northern Europe, and we live halfway between Boston and NYC. We are within reach of the I-95 supercharger network. Only problem is the timing is off a little. I have a couple extra weeks vacation, but my wife does not. We discussed me and my 1yo doing the trip alone. This might just eat me up all summer!

Wow, that's a great idea! I love northern Europe, and we live halfway between Boston and NYC. We are within reach of the I-95 supercharger network. Only problem is the timing is off a little. I have a couple extra weeks vacation, but my wife does not. We discussed me and my 1yo doing the trip alone. This might just eat me up all summer!
dear Sean,
interesting isn'it? Wel get back to you in a PM later, but this could be interesting for us!
greetings, ernst

Ernst -

I have been planning to - or hoping another would - start a "Tesla/Home Exchange" thread to nurture this very concept. So, while an exact swap won't work between you and us this time around, perhaps this is good incentive to create this kind of long-lasting thread on the forum.

Good luck with your plans! I've sent you a PM, too.

Audie

The replies on this thread have been a few, but very positive. There are some scheduling issues or challenges one might say... therefore I am still very much interested to find either a only a MS to exchange OR a MS + house in late august to end of september for around 12 to 20 days.

At zero cost excluding airfare this is the Supercharger idea extended across continents: free of charge! Think it over, this is the perfect way to explore N-Europe with a Tesla Model S (only a handful are available for rent across Europe)

What do you think about this? We would love to share our Tesla home next Summer! Are you available in 2017, going forward?
So, is there a third person in the New England area for you, who would like to triangle this invitation since I already have relatives I can visit in The Netherlands, I wonder? We are thinking somewhere tropicalourselves!

What do you think about this? We would love to share our Tesla home next Summer! Are you available in 2017, going forward?
So, is there a third person in the New England area for you, who would like to triangle this invitation since I already have relatives I can visit in The Netherlands, I wonder? We are thinking somewhere tropical ourselves.
We live in the city of Mount Shasta, California.