Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S85 order finalized -- due September...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just chiming in and introducing myself... My S85 was confirmed last night and is scheduled for delivery in So Cal in "September"... I've heard there is a factory shutdown scheduled sometime between now and then... does anyone know when and how long? Just curious... Also, if anyone has any good tips for transferring my BMW 328i lease, i'm all ears. I've got 1 year left on the lease... Probably going to try Swap-A-Lease and progressively increase my incentive as delivery date closes in... Now the anxious waiting begins....

My build sheet:

Model S 85
Silver Metallic/body colored roof
Tan Leather/Piano Black
Tech Package
Backup sensors

...and that's it! Pretty basic, but it's all I need :)

Ed

Congrats Ed.
From what I understand, the factory is closed for the Month of July.
I have already scheduled a tour next Thursday, will update from what I learn.

Best to go ahead and have an electrician install a 14-50 outlet or HPWC outlet in your garage.
Be patient.
And get ready for lots of grins.

My friend who works in the factory said they will be working heavily on model x production testing in July...

I would assume that means they're working on machine programming, and probably rolling out 2015 Model S changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, The factory tour will not yield you anything.. The client advisors are pretty good about remaining tight lipped... was just over there on Monday.