Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dynamic locking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has probably been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything.

Is is there a way to use the geofencing to dynamically change the walk-away locking feature? I would like walk-away locking activated everywhere except at my house. Right now I have it off because I don't want it auto-locking in my garage, which means I must lock it with the key fob everywhere else. I know, #FirstWorldProblems.

Anyway, this is works with the garage door opener and I think it works with scheduled charging. Seems like it would be easy to have the auto-locking feature do the same thing.

This has probably been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything.

Is is there a way to use the geofencing to dynamically change the walk-away locking feature? I would like walk-away locking activated everywhere except at my house. Right now I have it off because I don't want it auto-locking in my garage, which means I must lock it with the key fob everywhere else. I know, #FirstWorldProblems.

Anyway, this is works with the garage door opener and I think it works with scheduled charging. Seems like it would be easy to have the auto-locking feature do the same thing.
This may be what you're looking for. See this note on page 6 of the new 5.9 Owner's Manual:

Note: If all doors are closed and you doubleclick the key to unlock Model S, walk-away locking is temporarily suspended until the next time you use the key to lock Model S. This allows you to keep Model S unlocked in your garage.