Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Updates on Extended Service Plans for Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope they are working on this. Other dealerships have it, so why is it taking TESLA so long to come up with a solution. With our last BMW it was a piece of cake to get.

Come on Tesla,,,please get off the pot and do this for your loyal customers :wink::wink::wink:

FL treats this type of plan as insurance therefore someone working for Tesla Florida needs to get the insurance license. That's what old-fashioned ICE dealerships do.

Tesla can apply for an exemption but they're unlikely to get one. Easiest way is to comply with FL license requirements to sell insurance.

FL treats this type of plan as insurance therefore someone working for Tesla Florida needs to get the insurance license. That's what old-fashioned ICE dealerships do.

Tesla can apply for an exemption but they're unlikely to get one. Easiest way is to comply with FL license requirements to sell insurance.

Hi Nigel,

As it was explained to me by Tesla's Senior Corporate Counsel it not quite that simple. Please refer to my posting in our private discussion group.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/group.php?gmid=1381&do=discuss#gmessage1381

Larry

Thanks Larry. I know about yr message there but I don't buy the explanation you received. If the background checks etc were really that onerous then no-one would be selling extended service plans in FL.....and you get offered these on a whole multitude of products, not just cars. Seems like I get offered extended service plans (IOW insurance) on a weekly basis from BestBuy to Lowes to Amazon to Air Conditioning to Termite Control....

So Larry and Nigel. I would propose something like this: For someone who would know how to do it, simply take a poll of Florida Tesla Owners (the Fl Tesla Owners Group email list may be the best bet). Ask them if they would want to purchase an extended TESLA service plan, with what ever options TESLA offers. I bet if we do that, then we come up with some solid numbers - then take them to TESLA. I bet numbers would talk. If other dealerships can do it, I see no good excuse why TESLA can not do it, no matter what their excuse.

Thanks Larry. I know about yr message there but I don't buy the explanation you received. If the background checks etc were really that onerous then no-one would be selling extended service plans in FL.....and you get offered these on a whole multitude of products, not just cars. Seems like I get offered extended service plans (IOW insurance) on a weekly basis from BestBuy to Lowes to Amazon to Air Conditioning to Termite Control....

So Larry and Nigel. I would propose something like this: For someone who would know how to do it, simply take a poll of Florida Tesla Owners (the Fl Tesla Owners Group email list may be the best bet). Ask them if they would want to purchase an extended TESLA service plan, with what ever options TESLA offers. I bet if we do that, then we come up with some solid numbers - then take them to TESLA. I bet numbers would talk. If other dealerships can do it, I see no good excuse why TESLA can not do it, no matter what their excuse.

Please refer to my response in the private discussion group.

Thanks.

Larry

Dont seem to be able to access the PM, let's dispense with the mystery. I have pinged everyone I know and gotten nuthin on the subject of the warranty. All I want to know is that they are actively seeking the ability to offer it and that when they get, provided I brought my car in for its annual service, they will extend the offer to me with in at least the calendar restriction of the regular warranty. I am pressing the miles limit@ 2 years on one of our cars and the other. ain't gonna make it 4 years either.

Complete radio silence is not doing well for me. I have asked how I can assist (ie call my rep) but nuthin, not a word,not even from the local folks.

Larry, if the FL group does anything, we oughta lean in. on this issue. It beginning to really matter and gets more critical as more and more of us reach the limits of the factory warranty.

Dave

I am informed by Tesla that Tesla has finally been granted a license to sell service plans in Florida.

Any Service Center in Florida can sell the plans so customers should simply contact Tesla Service and we will sell them their desired plan.

I also have asked Tesla corporate why this hasn't been communicated to the over 2100 Model S owners in the state of Florida.

For some information: http://www.teslamotors.com/support/service-plans

Currently the on-line links to purchase these plans do not work.

Larry

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the plans work if you've already paid full price for annual service? I had my first annual service late last year and paid the $600. Does Tesla give any type of credit against the 4 or 8 year prepaid plan since I already burned the first year?

Does anyone know how the plans work if you've already paid full price for annual service? I had my first annual service late last year and paid the $600. Does Tesla give any type of credit against the 4 or 8 year prepaid plan since I already burned the first year?

Hi Steve,

Jerome Guillen promised that there would be a credit.

Larry