Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Tesla carpeting is rather cheesy with "dust bunnies" on the floor most of the time. The floor mats are the same material so it's the same story.

Kirsten at the LA store says the new "good" mats are in.

Anyone try them yet?

Options?

Ooo! I wonder what their definition of "Good" is.

I am sooo glad that they unbundled my floor mats so I could pay $150 for the privilege of using my current ones. <-- sarcasm for the impaired.

I would be happy to pay even more money to them for mats that actually were good (<-- not sarcasm - it is the truth), but I learned not to necessarily trust Tesla's description on the quality of such things. Any more objective reports (especially with pictures) would be very welcome.

3978456528_381fafbc99.jpg

Looks like it has the new secured (no more sliding) floor mats installed. They look nice, except I would prefer the old style lettering-plus-TeslaLogo instead of just the word TESLA in the company font. The older branding style matches what's on the door sill ...

Edit: will there be a "recall" (a la Toyota (fiery crash)) for the 2008 floor mats to be retro-fitted ? Any one know ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you for sure that the floor mats are not secured in any way. The mats have grommeted holes, but there isn't anything to secure them to. I am working on an aftermarket solution to this. I'll let you know what I come up with.

I can tell you for sure that the floor mats are not secured in any way. The mats have grommeted holes, but there isn't anything to secure them to. I am working on an aftermarket solution to this. I'll let you know what I come up with.

I believe Tesla is working on a "bonding" solution ... and they may follow just what Lotus did in the above referenced info of VFX's post. In your photo it looked as if they were already secured at the grommet location. (The new mats are also quite a bit stiffer. Check with the Menlo Park store.)

I've had a pair of those in my Roadster for a couple of years; and we had a similar cargo mat in a car before that. I like the little circles that collect dirt and water; they do a great job. Although they are kind of hard to clean.

The passenger side still looks good, but somehow despite the grabby nibs on the back that are supposed to hold it in place, the driver one gets pushed up in to the footwell and curls up.

I leave them in most of the time, but when I take my car to an event, I toss the Tesla floor mats on top. The carpet looks a lot better. I bought without a picture and had hoped the "clear" option would show the carpet underneath; but as you can tell from the picture, the mats are textured and reflect a lot of light.

Now I am going to have to make some mats now, thanks. Maybe I might piggyback them to some Dynapad for some sound deadening as well.

EDIT: Take the Mats out and Power Wash them. It'll get all the dirt out. (Did it with my truck's mats for years.)

I have been a big fan of WeatherTech floormats for some time. I recently reached out to the company to implore them to design floormats for the Model S, and received the following response:

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your support, and your patience. We have actually partnered with Tesla to provide Tesla branded FloorLiners and Cargo Liners for the S-Model, and they are soon to be availableHERE

The part numbers are listed below:

101929000A 2013 Tesla Model S – FloorLiners
101928900A 2013 Tesla Model S – Frunk Liner (front trunk)
101929100A 2013 Tesla Model S – Trunk Liner
102437000A 2012 Tesla Model S – 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] row foot well

It seems these are all currently available in the Tesla store today except for the front row mats. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they will be secured to the floor in any way, but it's a start! And glad to know that Tesla has partnered with a company that has such excellent products (and made in USA) to develop and produce its all weather floormats.