Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gas Station or Electric Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Can a Mod change the title of this thread?
It should read:
"Gas Station" FOR Electric Cars

I was at the Santa Monica Solar Carport charging facility today.

CIMG6996.jpg

CIMG6998.jpg

It got me wondering if there are any Electric Vehicle "gas stations' a single place that has multiple chargers that is not tied to a company or municipality. You go and plug in and wait.

We have covered RV parks, parking lots, and public street parking. Are there any group of chargers that are paid?

Are there any in the US or anywhere in the world?

This thread has some parking lot rows. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/tesl...harging-stations-wild.html?highlight=charging

Some related images from that thread TMC charging threads.
3555954806_3de8414e96.jpg

3558565026_aac0ea4a4a.jpg
[

Last edited:
Some great shots we have compiled here but none are privately owned pay stations. Weren't some of the charger makers going to do this? Or maybe they were trying to sell the idea. Is it too early?

They say they are doing it:
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations | Smartlet Charging Stations | Charging Stations for Electric Cars
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Launch at a Las Vegas Cssino Resort
What Does It Mean to Go Green® to the Average Consumer? - PR.com
...EV-Charge America in Las Vegas is currently installing Smart EV charging stations across the country, both directly and through new Dealers they are recruiting daily. The charging stations are being located in public and private parking areas, municipalities, governments, city streets and Interstates, to provide the conveniently necessary Charge-Points so we can re-charge electric vehicles virtually everywhere...
(but where have they installed them yet?)

The rates are posted inside the meter window, nickels get you 3 minutes charging, dimes 6 minutes and quarters 15 minutes.

The great thing about that particular EV charging station is that it's stuck ON! It doesn't cost anything to use it.
This is the charging location that I used several times when the Saxtons and I went up to San Juan Island for their Concours D'Elegance. Tom used it at least once, too, and had no problems drawing 40A through its NEMA 14-50 connector.