Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Air Conditoner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have a clue about the pressures - but - have you determined why the pressure dropped in the first place? Low pressure is a sign that something is wrong and needs to be fixed before you refill.

If you have the correct gauges they indicated ideal charge pressure on both the high and low side. Also make sure you need to recharge, you're saying the AC system. I wouldn't call the Roadster's AC system to be adequate in cooling you down by any means. It also sets priority to cool the pack over you if temps are high enough.

I remember from when the Ranger refilled my freon that there's a gizzmo in there that tends to freeze up during the process. He redid it and the A/C worked much better afterwards. I was logging compressor overtemps ever since I got the car and that cleared it right up. It also cooled MUCH better.

Thanks for the replies. I thought that finding the low and high side operating pressures for the air conditioner would be an easy question, but it looks like there are other methods used to fill the system. If anyone has had the occasion to read the air conditioning system normal operating pressures that would be a help?