Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options to rent out my Model S in mid-July

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to be out of town from Los Angeles for the second half of July, and would not mind someone using my Model S during that time.

Does anyone have experience with rent-out options? Of course someone on this forum could just make a kind offer :biggrin:, but the best commercial options that I can see are Hubber and RelayRides. The latter requires a fair amount of work (i.e., have to screen renters, have to give them the keys, etc.); the former is extremely convenient but pays out very little. Thanks in advance for the 2¢.

How much you looking to charge? Maybe I'll make a trip out there jut to rent - love the mountains, desserts and water; hopefully I'll drive my own car out there next year :D

Hopefully you get to try your cross-country experience soon! As for mine...a reasonable amount. Not too much, not too little. PM me and we can start talking details. :cool: I don't feel like limiting the daily miles much...or if I do I will probably set it to a very high amount. My trip is up to 10 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Getaround works quite well for renting Teslas in SF

I'll second the recommendation of Getaround...in SF. They aren't in LA yet.

Have you determined what to do with your insurance coverage? Do the Getarounds/Hubbards/RelayRides take care of that for you? Are you just going to wing it?

Any chance you can rent it july 3 to 6th ?

Sorry I didn't see this--I just PMed you.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you determined what to do with your insurance coverage? Do the Getarounds/Hubbards/RelayRides take care of that for you?

If you go through a ridesharing program like Getaround/Hubber/RelayRides, they handle insurance coverage. As for this…I'm looking at options. I am not doing this on a commercial scale, however, so it's different.

Just wanted to bump and see if there's any interest for the timeframe of July 17-30. I had several lookers but the car is still available for part or all of that time. (I'm also looking into the ridesharing programs, but in my mind Tesla owners have priority.)