Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renting a Model S in Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to be visiting Toronto in July from the US, and am interested in renting a Model S while I am there. I only need it for a couple of days.

Anybody on the forums interested? How about any commercial rental companies--any options?

I'm going to be visiting Toronto in July from the US, and am interested in renting a Model S while I am there. I only need it for a couple of days.

Anybody on the forums interested? How about any commercial rental companies--any options?

FWIW I've asked the big commercial rental companies last year and none of them had it (most weren't aware of a make called Tesla). Most likely things haven't changed. I think Hertz/Enterprise had it as a luxury supercar rental in a few places in the US, but their employees here had no idea about it.

You guys are generous! Not to be mean or anything, but I didn't know that anyone would give his/her car to someone they never met; I know I wouldn't :).

But I personally don't mind lending my car to a friend for a few hours, or give a test drive to someone (even strangers) who are REALLY interested in the car (since Tesla is a rare breed).

You guys are generous! Not to be mean or anything, but I didn't know that anyone would give his/her car to someone they never met; I know I wouldn't :).

It's a personal thing for sure. I don't even like Tesla driving it and always drop the car off rather than using the valet service, but that's just me. I think with appropriate precautions, there is nothing wrong with this. I know folks who do whole house swaps for vacations - - something else I personally wouldn't be comfortable with.