Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2011 Roadster (what's planned?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
How is Tesla handling model years at this point. Is it going to be more of a numbering scheme similar to computer software without regard to model year (version 2 = 2010, version 2.1 = 2011 and major upgrade some future year = version 3...etc)?
May be in market for Roadster in next year or two (can wait) and didn't want to buy 2010 model if 2011 model coming out next spring or summer for instance. Thanks.

Last edited:
May be in market for Roadster in next year or two (can wait) and didn't want to buy 2010 model if 2011 model coming out next spring or summer for instance. Thanks.

I have heard nothing about future models. IMHO the changes from 08 to 10 are minor and after spending time in both. The only real improvement was to the AC and easier access to P mode. everything else is just "different".

As for numbering, past history says they just make it up as the go along.

I would like the Sport for bragging rights but I am happy with Standard mode driving most of the time (plenty quick!) Like any product, waiting for next year's model is temping but honestly there have not been any teases on the all important Model S, let alone the Roadster.