Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Posting pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
test.
That's the button I"ve been using. 3rd from the right, or the 3rd icon in the right box.
Still shows up as 'attached images'.
Could it be because i'm on an ipad?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 158
so weird. here's a screen print of what I see. It must be the ipad. But oddly enough, other people's attachments can show both inline, or as attachments. So....that doesn't really make sense that the ipad could be doing that. I guess it just doesn't matter. But I hate not knowing stuff like this!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 163
I don't know why it's not working, but here's a workaround.

On a desktop machine with IE you can do the following (not sure how it maps to IPad or desktop Safari):
1. Load your post in separate browser tab/window.
2. Right-click, choose properties, and copy the URL.
Code:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51993&stc=1&d=1403416606
3. Observe the attachmentid value (51993).
4. Edit your post and add an ATTACH line like so (but without the extra spaces):
Code:
[ ATTACH ]51993[ /ATTACH ]
5. Click the Save button to commit your post edit.

View attachment 51993

When I post pictures they show up in a box that says 'attachments'. I use the little picture icon that's next to the video icon.

Some other people's show up within their thread. How do you post them that way?

I realize this is a pretty old post and hopefully the OP has figured this out by now :p, but for anyone else wondering, I post photos from my iPad or iPhone all the time with no issues or resizing of photos and it's pretty fast and easy.

You want to use the Upload an Image/File button. Then for images stored in my device's Photos, I'll select Photo Library. You'll have a choice. For posting here you'll want to select the photo from Moments (instead of the larger sized image of the same photos stored in Camera Roll). Select your image/s and click Done. The forum will upload the image and place it at the bottom below the text window. You'll see a small image of each photo you uploaded. You'll have a choice of display next--Insert Thumbnail or Insert Full Image. If you have multiple images you'll also have the option of inserting all of them at the same time at your insertion point. Otherwise place your cursor where you want each of your image/s to appear and click the appropriate Insert selection option. That should do it. There's a delete button off to the far right if you change your mind about the photo.

BTW the only photos I've had to resize that came from Moments are the panoramic photos I've taken with my iPhone like of a row of SuperChargers or row of Roadsters on display. The file size was just too large for here and I had to resize them manually before added them back to my Photo Library (which automatically puts a slimmed down version in Moments for you). Otherwise no resizing issues using the Moments images.

Last edited: