Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking a trip to Blue Ridge this weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To check out the Scenic Railway and I'm looking for charging advice for the trip back. Since I live in Stockbridge, and I have to pick some family up in Sandy Springs (and drop them back off) EVTripPlanner is telling me that there's no way possible to do this trip without charging... So my question would be, where would you charge on the way back? The obvious choice would be to try to get on a 14-50 like at the Tesla dealership in Marietta (I only have a single charger).... However, if possible, I'd like to try and make it back to Sandy Springs and drop family members off so they don't have to wait while we charge... so it would have to be something around Sandy Springs, or maybe downtown (I'll take the connector back down)

I know there's good chargers at Lenox/Phipps, and there's some at Atlantic Station- but I've never been to any of them. I'm looking for the fastest charger (within reason) that will be reliably available (not ICE'd and actually working)... any thoughts?

Are there any reliable chargers that are really convenient to hit off of the connector that provide a good charge rate without having to worry a whole lot about being blocked or ICE'd in Atlanta?

The more I look at it the more I think my best bet would be to charge at Tesla in Marietta despite the fact that I will still have family with me... just to be on the safe side.. I'll be running on fumes when I get back to Sandy Springs.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Jennifer with Service in Marietta who was super nice and friendly. HPWC's on the back are available for customer use... think we'll just do that. No need to offer up suggestions for charging downtown or sandy springs area unless you guys just want to. This will be my first time on a HPWC... kinda wishing I had those dual chargers now.. but I'll only need 45-60mins so no biggie :)

Just an FYI for everyone.. I charged for 30mins or so on the way back at Tesla in Marietta on a HPWC. What was strange was while these chargers deliver 80 amps, the voltage was low... like 211 or so, so I was only getting 20-21 MPH charge with a single charger.

There's a new Tesla charger at the Blue Ridge Inn Bed and Breakfast located right in downtown Blue Ridge across from the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway train depot. It's part of the Tesla Destination Charger program. All guests can charge while they stay at the Inn. Checkout their website BlueRidgeInnBandB.com There's a page on their website for Tesla Charging.

• Informative
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
Just an FYI for everyone.. I charged for 30mins or so on the way back at Tesla in Marietta on a HPWC. What was strange was while these chargers deliver 80 amps, the voltage was low... like 211 or so, so I was only getting 20-21 MPH charge with a single charger.

That's actually fairly common with a lot of public chargers or chargers in industrial areas - that's because it's two phases out of a three phase set instead of residential split phase - the nominal for the phase to phase like that is 208V.