Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Gov. Perry Drives Models S in Sacramento

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be fair; most of my Texan friends are saying "blame the (NADA) bought and paid for legislators not the Governor." Jerry?

Actually, they are all a bunch of bottom sucking slime balls. Texas politics is second only to Louisiana politics as far as lunacy.

That's why Texas is one of the few states that only allows its legislature to convene only once every 2 years. We are only in jeopardy a few months every other year.

Don't judge our state by the politicians. Perry is running for President. Nobody here in Texas is encouraging him, we're all watching in horror, hoping he doesn't embarrass us further, and waiting to see if he can remember three good reasons why he is running.

Texas would still be a great place to build the gigafactory. The business case for a Texas location is far superior to California, and I doubt Jerry Brown can outshoot us on the tax incentives. There is a talented and reasonable cost workforce, lots of inexpensive land, low taxes, great transportation facilities.

Am I biased? Maybe. But I'm a 4th generation native Californian, Jerry Brown signed my college diploma, and I send money to the Regents of the UC every year to keep it afloat.

Honestly, Elon would be better off with a Texas gigafactory.

Gov. Perry isn't running for re-election in Texas, but his travel schedule and speeches sound like he's looking at another presidential run. Glad to hear he likes Tesla . . . sorry that he doesn't seem to bright.

What are the water consumption needs of the giga factory? I don't know but if they're substantial Texas will be a very bad choice. It's going to be in a near permanent state of drought. Come to think of it that's going to be a problem for any site in the west.

The next stage of switching to environmental sustainability in this country is Republicans pretending they were on board all along and that Tesla is great because 'Murica. Seeing a conservative in the car is good, because it means the political ideologies aren't going to be as much of a problem for getting stuff done in the future. When this becomes a truly non-partisan issue, it gets solved, and solved quickly.