Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What battery in 40 kWh Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mid-2013 MS60 has a Rev B pack. Since all of the 40's were early in 2013, I would expect them to be "A" packs. However, a 60kwh "A" pack is not like the early 85 kwh "A" packs with limited supercharging issues. Even a Rev A 60kwh pack will get 105kw of charging power.

My mid-2013 MS60 has a Rev B pack. Since all of the 40's were early in 2013, I would expect them to be "A" packs. However, a 60kwh "A" pack is not like the early 85 kwh "A" packs with limited supercharging issues. Even a Rev A 60kwh pack will get 105kw of charging power.

I believe the majority 40's were built and delivered in in mid-2013... May/June. I think that makes them B packs.

I shall. What'll happen to the volt?

The wife will take over the volt the the rest of it's lease. We would probably trade her car for the Model S, and then when the volt lease is up, get her a new SUV. Hopefully there will be some plug in option for an SUV available to us at that point (at a price point less than a Model X, the outlander, if it comes to the US, may be our best bet)

I have a 40 (VIN#10103), and it has an "A" pack, but as others have said, the 60 "A" packs are not like the 85 "A" packs, so no worries. However, I have not unlocked the battery pack, so I cannot give you any insight on Supercharging speed.

I have read a lot of info on Tesla (even from the other side of the world with Tesla Model S just being delivered here for Test Drives and our first Sig cars due in Sept)

Anyway, about the battery packs and Supercharging

From what I've read,

Supercharging for 85kw batteries comes standard with the car

60kw Supercharging an optional extra

40kw owners - this is not even an option to take - ie. No Supercharging with this vehicle

Thanks for the info Sacrament055

That is the first time I have read that it is possible to do that.

To me it is just hypothetical as us Aussies (like the rest of the world) will only have the option of a 60kw or 85kw battery to choose from.

In any case, it is always great to learn something new, even if it doesn't apply my actual situation

Thanks for the info Sacrament055

That is the first time I have read that it is possible to do that.

To me it is just hypothetical as us Aussies (like the rest of the world) will only have the option of a 60kw or 85kw battery to choose from.

In any case, it is always great to learn something new, even if it doesn't apply my actual situation

Tesla has discontinued the 40kWh battery pack all together. It isn't available to anyone anymore.