Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unique Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would love to move his LED display off to the side, and see if a controller could be rigged to make the original rolling numbers go by instead: Ding! Ding!

Also, it would be neat to try and make the original gas nozzle into a cable with a J1772 (or Tesla, or whatever) instead of having a separate cable on the other side.

I would love to move his LED display off to the side, and see if a controller could be rigged to make the original rolling numbers go by instead: Ding! Ding!

Also, it would be neat to try and make the original gas nozzle into a cable with a J1772 (or Tesla, or whatever) instead of having a separate cable on the other side.

YES ! :cool:

This is great! It would be awesome to have this as an option to the Clipper Creek!

You guys are reading my mind. Here are some pictures of custom work that my partner (Dave Kois) used to do.
He is part owner of EV Components now.
We are getting his equipment setup to do these as EV recharging stations.

I might contact Tesla Motors and ask about doing these as a Tesla recharging station to offer to their customers.

EV Recharging Station - a set on Flickr

3897051558_54360fb355_o_d.jpg

3896272341_2689245acf_d.jpg

3897051608_c15fa16f34_d.jpg

3896272457_3bda613e82_d.jpg

Here's a Youtube on a Texaco Fire-Chief Charging Station.

YouTube - 1 Texaco Fire-Chief Electric Car Charging Station
This is great! It would be awesome to have this as an option to the Clipper Creek!

You guys are reading my mind. Here are some pictures of custom work that my partner (Dave Kois) used to do.
He is part owner of EV Components now.
We are getting his equipment setup to do these as EV recharging stations.

We could include a digital display to relay info like the time of charge, the number of kwh that were used, etc.

EV Recharging Station - a set on Flickr

3896272341_2689245acf_d.jpg

3897051608_c15fa16f34_d.jpg

3896272457_3bda613e82_d.jpg

3897093322_e9dc09c7d5_d.jpg

Last edited:
Charging Station

I tried to talk David Kois into doing one of these a couple of weeks ago. His pumps are MUCH more attractive than the replica I got from Hickory NC. But he seemed a little busy at the time.

Yes, we are going to replace the fuel hose on the LEFT with an SAE 2009-J1772 cable and connector with the Control Pilot signal and vehicle detect as soon as the thing is approved and I can get the connectors from Yazaki. We contacted them and they indicted they are having some difficulty with it and have to redesign it. I don't know precisely what that means....

But if you could get David to do a few of these as charge stations with 2009-J1772 I think they would look SUPER. And I want to be first in line....

And I don't even have a Tesla.....

Jack Rickard
http://evtv.me

I tried to talk David Kois into doing one of these a couple of weeks ago. His pumps are MUCH more attractive than the replica I got from Hickory NC. But he seemed a little busy at the time.

But if you could get David to do a few of these as charge stations with 2009-J1772 I think they would look SUPER. And I want to be first in line....

And I don't even have a Tesla.....

Jack Rickard
Electric 1957 Porsche 356 Speedster EV

I have convinced him to do it. We are moving his equipment up to our warehouse/factory. They are going to be built right next to the Zilla controllers. :biggrin: We will train an employee to do this so that Dave can focus on EV Components main business.

He just got burnt out doing them so he stopped. He sold them as fast as he could build them to car collectors. We will likely do the current replicas to car collectors to keep the employee busy. But we will also have an EV recharging station design available.

Expect this to start soon. If you want to have us do the prototype for you, let me know what style you want.

Last edited:
Don't these pumps look like they are celebrating the Oil and Gasoline of yesteryear?

I think we might design something with the Tesla Motors logos and a Tesla Coil globe on top that lights up. Maybe Tesla would license their logos and allow us to sell them.

We could either go completely futuristic with it or we could go completely retro with some classic 1950s design. The goal is just to do something completely different than these boring plain vanilla chargers that are being produced.

I ordered one of these (big one on the left). It is a plasma ball (Tesla coil style) to put on top of our charging station.
Now we will design a furturistic cabinet to go under it. The we will put an HPC inside.

The charging station will have the plasma ball Tesla coil effect turn on automatically while the Roadster is recharging.

ruler.jpg

Last edited: