Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV + Solar Party! July 19th, Bellingham

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9PEi0jC.jpg

Everyone and their families are invited to an EV+Solar Party at the Haveman House near Bellingham! If you have an EV or a solar array, or an interest in either, we'd love to have you over!

For the most up-to-date information about this EVent, and to RSVP, please check the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1428871527381785/

All EVs will get to park around our giant solar array for a huge group photo, and some charging options are available (see below).

There'll be food and lots of people to talk to, and we'll probably set up the badminton set so kids can play if they want.

WHEN

Saturday, July 19th, 2014, 1pm to 6pm

FOOD

This event is a potluck, so please bring something yummy. We will have a fire pit set up for cooking things on, and also have a 100% solar powered oven inside if needed. ;-)

You may bring alcohol, but we won't provide any (we don't drink so we wouldn't know what to buy). Keep in mind that there will be kids around, though, and you do have to drive home.

DIRECTIONS

We're northeast of Bellingham, but close to many EV chargers (and we have on-site charging available; see below).

Our address is:
2892 E Smith Rd
Bellingham, WA 98226

For EVs from south of Bellingham:

• We are 31 miles from the Burlington Tesla Supercharger via I-5, or 32 miles via Chuckanut Drive
  • We are 11 miles from the CHAdeMO at Sehome Village (Bellingham)
  • We are 9 miles from the CHAdeMO at Wilson Nissan (Bellingham)
  • We are 35 miles from the CHAdeMO at Burlington Outlet Malls via I-5, or 36 miles via Highway 9, or 35 miles via Chuckanut Drive
  • We are 76 miles from the CHAdeMO at Magic Nissan of Everett via I-5

Directions from I-5:

• Take exit 255 and turn right on to Sunset Dr / Mt Baker Scenic Byway
  • Drive for 8.3 miles, and turn slight left on to Sand Rd
  • Drive for 1.2 miles to the first stop sign, at E Smith Rd
  • Our house is in front of you on the left. It’s yellow.
  • Turn left on E Smith Rd.
  • Gas/diesel cars park along the side of the road here
  • EVs (including plug-in hybrids) turn right past the big red barn (there will be a sign) for parking

From Canada:
From the border crossings, we are 42 km from Peace Arch, 30 km from Aldergrove/Lynden, and 23 km from Abbotsford/Sumas. I’m not going to write out directions for each of these routes -- just use Google Maps.

PARKING

On this map, EVs (including plug-in hybrids) may follow the red line to park by the solar array. All other vehicles may park on the shoulder of Smith Rd as indicated, or in the gravel turn-out kitty-corner to our property.

kH1gOXZl.png

ON-SITE CHARGING DETAILS:

Level 2:

• One 30A J-1772 EVSE
  • One 30A NEMA 10-30
  • One 30A NEMA L6-30

I have adapters for 10-30 to L6-30, and L6-30 to 6-50, if needed.

Level 1:

• Three 15A NEMA 5-15 outlets on separate circuits

The locations of these plugs are on the parking map above. Please first park your EV by the solar array, for photo ops, then we can move to chargers afterward.

We hope to see many of you there!

Thanks,
Tyrel

Would love to attend but that's during TMC Connect so a fee of us will be down there. Congrats on the install though.

Ah! Before scheduling the date I tried to see if there were any other EVents going on but didn't find anything, so I thought that date was good. Oh well. We're planning on having this all-inclusive EV+Solar party every year if it goes well, so maybe next time!

Wow, you have six charging outlets on your property. Were those outlets you already had for other purposes, or do you actually have that much use by EVs?

The three L1 outlets were existing outlets with nothing else on those circuits. The J-1772 is usually shared between our two Nissan LEAFs. The other one next to that is the outlet for the clothes dryer. Finally, I installed a new NEMA L6-30 outlet on its own circuit in my workshop specifically for this event to allow others to charge.