Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend of a friend has three NSW plates to sell including TESLAS. The are on the NSW my plates site at http://www.mrplates.com.au/ride/tesla. His name is Adam but we have never met and I have no financial interest. My own are already reserved : END.01L
:) I could have reserved TESLAS about a month ago on MYPLATES and decided it was a bit obvious. I should have thought commercially, not personally. I'll stick with my existing HTML.

This whole annual payment for plates is plain old government robbery. I accept a single once-off payment, and custom plate making fee, but ongoing fees is criminal, much like our taxes on taxes on taxes!!! Fortunately my custom plates were issued 30 years ago - just my initials and a number, but i like it. I will be remanufacturing them though - over $200 for the pleasure. Just how much labour is actually involved? probably $5 worth!!

This whole annual payment for plates is plain old government robbery. I accept a single once-off payment, and custom plate making fee, but ongoing fees is criminal, much like our taxes on taxes on taxes!!! Fortunately my custom plates were issued 30 years ago - just my initials and a number, but i like it. I will be remanufacturing them though - over $200 for the pleasure. Just how much labour is actually involved? probably $5 worth!!

Yep, I'm glad that I have the personal plates on my bike and current car, but annoyed that I can't get some for my wifes car without paying a minimum of $99 per year for them.
I have thought about some for the Model S though, including LOL 01L, and will probably go for something similar for a year or so.. if you can get it to fit into standard format then the rip-off is $99 per year. Its not actually the cost of manufacturing them that I object to, its he audacity to charge extra for standard plates - If you want a plate that says 'TESLA' then I don't object too much to the annual fee, but standard format???

If there was a way to find the owner of some of the plates that I'd like, I'd be happy to arrange to take the plates off their hands - i.e. put the plates on a cheap car and buy the car, then sell it afterwards. I've used the NSW rego app and found that there are a number of combinations that I'd like that are out in the fleet already.

Can't you just transfer the plates and then use one of these sites like we have in the UK to make your plates for '$5's worth'?

banner1.jpg

We do that all the time. That is, register new cars with a transfer of the registration number. They issue a new number for the old car so it can be sold in a registered state. To remanufacture your number with a new design as I have done, you are obliged by law to use the company I mentioned above. If you don't, and like everything else you are not caught, good luck to you. The plates need to be made with reflective paint so law enforcement cameras can detect them. You would be for the high jump in court....