Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else in Toronto/GTA lose 3G this afternoon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering if anyone else in the GTA-Mississauga-Georgetown area lost wifi connectivity with their Tesla this afternoon around 4 p.m.
-I tried rebooting the iPad centre console twice, and it did not solve the problem.
-I believe I lost connectivity around the 401/Mississauga Rd area.

I'm wondering if it is only Tesla's, or a Roger's problem ( I believe Rodgers is the carrier for Tesla's in Ontario ).

I am wondering if anyone else in the GTA-Mississauga-Georgetown area lost wifi connectivity with their Tesla this afternoon around 4 p.m.
-I tried rebooting the iPad centre console twice, and it did not solve the problem.
-I believe I lost connectivity around the 401/Mississauga Rd area.

I'm wondering if it is only Tesla's, or a Roger's problem ( I believe Rodgers is the carrier for Tesla's in Ontario ).

You mean 3G I assume. I'm in Ottawa and it happened a few days ago for a few minutes.

It's AT&T and it connects to Rogers or Bell depending on the signal. I say Bell because Rogers signal in my area is very weak and I still see 3G connection.

You mean 3G I assume. I'm in Ottawa and it happened a few days ago for a few minutes.

(ugh..can't edit title of thread )
It's AT&T and it connects to Rogers or Bell depending on the signal. I say Bell because Rogers signal in my area is very weak and I still see 3G connection.

This was no wireless connectivity at all...no bars, (so no 3g). Slacker wouldn't work since it said it needed an internet connection.
I drive this same route everyday, and never had a problem with a wireless connection until today. ( I'll lose 3G sometimes, but still have wireless).

While on the topic... does anyone else find the 3G signal strength almost always sucks? I get about two bars less than my phone does.

Yep. And I also find I get fewer WiFi "bars" in my garage than my cell phone gets (on WiFi) in the same location as well.

Speaking of 3G dropping out, I have found that over time, the 3G service just starts getting worse and worse until I'm finally fed up and re-boot the 17" screen. After a re-boot, which takes a long time to get the 3G service back up, it is a lot better.

3 days ago, I lost 3G connection completely for 80% of the day.
2 days ago, I lost 3G connection for 100% of the day.
Yesterday, it was offline all the morning and a bit of afternoon. I called ownership and I was told that it will be redirected to Montreal SC and they will investigate the issue further.

I'm not sure if they did anything, but I got 3G connection an hour after the call.