Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google Maps not showing route during navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know whether a software update broke this but....

Navigation on the Navigon screen works as before. Navigation stats and turn list appear on the Google Maps screen as before, Route highlight on the Google maps screen has disappeared. The map looks like it does when navigation is not underway. Has this happened to anyone else?

Navigation on the Navigon screen works as before. Navigation stats and turn list appear on the Google Maps screen as before, Route highlight on the Google maps screen has disappeared. The map looks like it does when navigation is not underway. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes. I rebooted both screens and the navigation highlight returned.

This bug still seems to be out there - or at least a new mutant of it. Running 6.1 (2.2.115). On a road trip yesterday, the route displayed on the Google Map did not correspond to the turn by turn directions, which was the better route initially. Also, lost the colored traffic indicator highlights when Nav was active. It would reappear if I cancelled navigation. A reboot once I was home seems to have fixed the issue.

This bug still seems to be out there - or at least a new mutant of it. Running 6.1 (2.2.115). On a road trip yesterday, the route displayed on the Google Map did not correspond to the turn by turn directions, which was the better route initially. Also, lost the colored traffic indicator highlights when Nav was active. It would reappear if I cancelled navigation. A reboot once I was home seems to have fixed the issue.

This has happened in releases prior to 115 or even 6. Rebooting fixes it, until the next time.

I have had this issue early on. Rebooting the main screen and drivers screen (obviously when stopped) cured the problem. I was a bit freaked out when it started, but this was an easy fix.

I've had this happen several times. Reboot seems to fix it.