Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake City, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know anything about any potential superchargers in Lake City, but I am posting here because I am hoping somebody may know about what other viable charge options exist in that area. I will be doing my very first road trip that is far enough to NEED to charge- and it is for a 3 day business trip to Lake City. I looked on a couple charging site apps but the only one showing up is at a Nissan dealer- FOR THE ENTIRE LAKE CITY!!! I think I already made a post somewhere trying to see if anybody could enlighten me- buT I can't find the post. If I can't figure out how to survive a trip of only a few hundred miles (especially if that means I have to ask one of my colleagues to take us in their ICEj- it would probably instill a range anxiety for future trips PLUS the shame of relinquishing the helm would be an unbearable embarrassment1

SOMEBODY OUT THERE MUST KNOW SOMETHING. COULD IT REALLY BE TRUE THAT THERE IS ONLY THE ONE CHARGER IN ALL OF Lake City? It is unrealistic for me to go across town for a half day to charge my car. j angel

Lake City has the following RV Parks that have 50amp service:

Inn and Out RV Park
3010 W US Highway 90
Lake City, FL
386-752-1648

Oaks n Pines RV Park
3846 North US Hwy 41
Lake City, FL
386-752-0830

Casey Jones Campgrounds
Hwy 242 & I-75
Lake City, FL
386-755-0471

Call and check that they will let you charge a Model S

The attached article ("Suddenly, Lake City a magnet for new business" - left side) in the Lake City Reporter confirms that Superchargers are coming to the city. I have heard that the possible location is in the parking lot with Moe's and Applebee's off Hwy 90. Approximate address may be 2893 W US Highway 90 Lake City, FL 32055. I'm trying to confirm additional information.

Telsa 1A_1.jpg

Telsa 3A_1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The attached article ("Suddenly, Lake City a magnet for new business" - left side) in the Lake City Reporter confirms that Superchargers are coming to the city. I have heard that the possible location is in the parking lot with Moe's and Applebee's off Hwy 90. Approximate address may be 2893 W US Highway 90 Lake City, FL 32055. I'm trying to confirm additional information.

Update: The location has been permitted and is under construction. The address for the location is 2941 W US HWY 90. Anyone in the area to snap some photos? I believe the confirmed location is still close to the Applebee's address used above however Google Maps shows it in a different area. Try using Bing Maps instead.

Attachments

• Telsa 1A.pdf
    256.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Telsa 3A.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Airj - Nice detective work.

If the picture in the paper is in fact the SC construction site, then using Google Street View, the picture of the construction was taken 50 or so feet forward from and just to the right of this location in the first photo. That utility pole has some hefty wiring that doesn't appear to go anywhere. Maybe it will go to the SC cabinets?

The second photo shows the newspaper camera position and the likely area of the Supercharger.

The Third photo is an overview map. Great location for those traveling I-75 and a small detour from I-10.

Does that match up with what you see?
lakecitysc.jpg

Attachments

• lakecityaerial.jpg
    lakecityaerial.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 1,227
  • lakecitymap.jpg
    lakecitymap.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,219
Last edited:
I did the same search and reached the same conclusion, but Keith beat me to the punch. Attempting to attach my google earth image with a red box at the site.

- - - Updated - - -

160 miles from Tampa and 105 miles from the Lake City SC to Tallahassee. FSU football games, here I come!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    978.3 KB · Views: 1,230
Airj - Nice detective work.

If the picture in the paper is in fact the SC construction site, then using Google Street View, the picture of the construction was taken 50 or so feet and just to the right of this location in the first photo. That utility pole has some hefty wiring that doesn't appear to go anywhere. Maybe it will go to the SC cabinets?

The second photo shows the newspaper camera position and the likely area of the Supercharger.

The Third photo is an overview map. Great location for those traveling I-75 and a small detour from I-10.

Does that match up with what you see?
View attachment 55751

Hi Keith,

My guess is that utility pole has been converted to a cable pole, meaning the there was a transition from open wire to cable on that pole. In the news article we can see a three-phase pad-mounted transformer. These transformers are feed by underground primary cable. So the cable will in all likelihood will be coming down that pole in cable riser, then underground to the transformer. From there 480 volt secondary will go to the Supercharger switchgear, then the Superchargers.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

160 miles from Tampa and 105 miles from the Lake City SC to Tallahassee. FSU football games, here I come!

Hi Steve,

Not to quibble, I put it at 173 miles from the Brandon Supercharger construction site. :biggrin: I figure when they put in the Ocala Supercharger Station that will split the distance from Lake City to Ocala to about 81 miles, and from the Ocala Superchargers to the Brandon Superchargers to about 94 miles.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Nice sleuthing, airj1012 and KeithM! Both Google and Bing maps are confused, but 2941 W US Highway 90 is the address for Moe's Southwest Grill.

Yes, great work guys!

It looks like the location is in the parking lot of Firehouse Subs, so the address is likely to be 2929 W US Highway 90.

Larry

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

Not to quibble, I put it at 173 miles from the Brandon Supercharger construction site. :biggrin: I figure when they put in the Ocala Supercharger Station that will split the distance from Lake City to Ocala to about 81 miles, and from the Ocala Superchargers to the Brandon Superchargers to about 94 miles.

That location is on the Coming Soon map. Maybe its under construction and we don't know about it. Just like Lake City was.

Hi Steve,

Larry

Exactly, this location connects Brandon with a long charge in an 85 and a hypermile adventure in a 60. Gainesville will make the I-75 route a no-brainer.

DeFuniak Springs is possible as a hypermile adventure in an 85, but Tallahassee will make the westbound trip on I-10 very comfortable in an 85 or a 60. Next stop, Texas!

Great to see the connections coming together!