Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield replacements mis-labeled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a head's up, I got a rock in my windshield a week ago and arranged for its replacement at my local SC. Set aside Saturday morning to have this done, after a half hour they sheepishly called me to say that they'd opened the crate with the replacement windshield only to find that it contained a replacement for cars with the cold weather package (mine isn't so equipped) even though the crate was labeled as the correct (non cold weather) windshield. Happily they had not yet pulled off my cracked windshield.

They got a second mis-labeled replacement on Monday, so they contacted the factory and finally got the correct one in yesterday, my windshield is being replaced now.

So... there seems to be a batch of mis-labeled replacement windshields out in the field. If you need to have a windshield replaced, make sure they open the shipping crate and double-check that they have the correct replacement before they rip off your broken windshield.

Tesla service has been terrific throughout.

Just a head's up, I got a rock in my windshield a week ago and arranged for its replacement at my local SC. Set aside Saturday morning to have this done, after a half hour they sheepishly called me to say that they'd opened the crate with the replacement windshield only to find that it contained a replacement for cars with the cold weather package (mine isn't so equipped) even though the crate was labeled as the correct (non cold weather) windshield. Happily they had not yet pulled off my cracked windshield.

They got a second mis-labeled replacement on Monday, so they contacted the factory and finally got the correct one in yesterday, my windshield is being replaced now.

So... there seems to be a batch of mis-labeled replacement windshields out in the field. If you need to have a windshield replaced, make sure they open the shipping crate and double-check that they have the correct replacement before they rip off your broken windshield.

Tesla service has been terrific throughout.

what does windshield replacement cost? Thx

- - - Updated - - -