Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination charging near Lenox/Phipps in Atlanta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning to drive to ATL this Friday via the Savannah and Macon superchargers. Staying at the Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center for a wedding, which does not have any EV charging available. Will need to top off enough to make it back to the Macon supercharger on Sunday. There are a number of chargers in the area on Chargepoint and PlugShare. And the hotel has a courtesy van that will shuttle me from & back to the car - although I can certainly walk several blocks. I know local S owners may not have many occasions to charge away from home, but if anyone has any suggestions about which of the public chargers might be most accessible to the hotel over the weekend, I would appreciate hearing your recommendations. Thanks.

There are quite a few charge spots walking distance to Phipps or Lenox Malls in Buckhead (they are across the street from one another). All of them pay spots, most with a daily cost cap, I believe.

Atlantic Station in midtown has a bunch of chargers, I think they are all free (some of the parking is paid parking deck). They have above ground spots that are also free parking.

Lots of stuff to do at both locations.

There are quite a lot of chargers in Atlanta. I use PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car! to find them mostly.

Staying at the Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center

That is across Lenox Road from Lenox Mall, and so the four Blink chargers on the back (south) side of the mall will work fine for you. Parking is free.

There are also two more Blinks in the parking deck for the Lenox BUILDING, which is also very close to the hotel, but parking is not free.

Plugshare has the most reliable data on both of these sites. I would NEVER rely on Chargepoint's listing for anything but their own stations. Just because they claim to show data on all stations doesn't mean they actually succeed (they do not).

There are now over TWO HUNDRED charging stations in Atlanta.

Thanks for the tips. As it turned out (and I hope I don't get anyone in trouble by posting this since this doesn't seem to be officially available at the hotel), the valet offered to plug the car into a 110v outlet. Since we won't be driving much ?any tomorrow, a trickle charge at 3-4 miles of range/hour will give me plenty of buffer to make it back to the Macon supercharger. I'm sure the valet charge will be more than a few hours of Blink or Chargepoint fees, but the convenience is worth it.

Thanks for the tips. As it turned out (and I hope I don't get anyone in trouble by posting this since this doesn't seem to be officially available at the hotel), the valet offered to plug the car into a 110v outlet. Since we won't be driving much ?any tomorrow, a trickle charge at 3-4 miles of range/hour will give me plenty of buffer to make it back to the Macon supercharger. I'm sure the valet charge will be more than a few hours of Blink or Chargepoint fees, but the convenience is worth it.

This is great to hear. Make sure the hotel knows this is a huge incentive for you, and other EV owners, to come to their hotel! Maybe when you check out, so you are assured of your charge!