Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Protect your Key - Silicone FobPockets now in stock!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick note to say that our silicone FobPockets are now in stock, in a large range of colors. I'm quite proud of the design, they offer great protection in a minimalist shape, and the silicone used has a really nice feel, very smooth and silky, as opposed to the grippy kind you sometimes see. Here's a picture of all the options, individual pics are on the website.

full set on wood herringbone high view square 400px.jpg

Wow, those are actually quite cool. I like the icons on it too, as I sometimes forget which end went in which direction. Also when someone else has the key, they have no idea what to do.

Wow, those are actually quite cool. I like the icons on it too, as I sometimes forget which end went in which direction. Also when someone else has the key, they have no idea what to do.

Thanks. And the embossed car is my best attempt at a Model S (given the constraints of the medium!), rather than the standard generic image you normally get :)

rotated black.jpg

Last edited:
I received mine today and although I am sure they probably cost you only a relative pittance to make I feel I got more than my money's worth and would gladly pay it for them again. This is an excellent product. I hope the artwork holds up which will take time to know but I am Very pleased with them and your speed of shipping.

Ok ... I don't have my MS yet but I ordered the original Fobpocket. Then I ordered the new/improved one. Then I ordered the leather one. Now I have to order a silicone one. Unless you intend to single-handedly save the postal service, can you give me a head's up of what may be next???

I received mine today and although I am sure they probably cost you only a relative pittance to make I feel I got more than my money's worth and would gladly pay it for them again. This is an excellent product. I hope the artwork holds up which will take time to know but I am Very pleased with them and your speed of shipping.

Thanks for good feedback. In terms of what they cost me to manufacture, you might be surprised....I hope I've been around on this forum long enough for people to know I'm not doing this to make an easy buck at the expense of fellow Tesla owners. The silicone FobPockets started design back in October 2013, it's taken 3 iterations to get them to this stage, each time requiring a new mould that's a thousand bucks. We also had to sacrafice 2 Model S keys, and then add in the shipping costs (to me, and them back out to my Customers), duty, patent, etc etc and it all really starts to add up. If I was making 100,000 of these for a Chevy key, then I'd get a pretty good volume break, but the Tesla Model S market is still very niche, so I do this as much for the challenge of design and iterative improvement as I do for the bit of money it makes. My day job can be a bit boring, so this keeps me amused :) At one point I considered a Kickstarter project for these ones, as the up-front investment costs were quite high.

Anyway, I've been using these in various forms since last year, and there's been no issues with the ink so far, so I think it'll hold up nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the silicone fob pocket have a place for extra battery?

No, it's just the leather ones that have the space for that, the Silicone ones are designed to be as low-profile as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Pete....Mine came in the mail today. Got a couple colors but admit the 'glow in the dark' green pretty cool.

This from the guy that made me make tie-dye FobPockets :biggrin: I like the GID options too, the blue is my current 'ride'.

Thanks for good feedback. In terms of what they cost me to manufacture, you might be surprised....I hope I've been around on this forum long enough for people to know I'm not doing this to make an easy buck at the expense of fellow Tesla owners. The silicone FobPockets started design back in October 2013, it's taken 3 iterations to get them to this stage, each time requiring a new mould that's a thousand bucks. We also had to sacrafice 2 Model S keys, and then add in the shipping costs (to me, and them back out to my Customers), duty, patent, etc etc and it all really starts to add up. If I was making 100,000 of these for a Chevy key, then I'd get a pretty good volume break, but the Tesla Model S market is still very niche, so I do this as much for the challenge of design and iterative improvement as I do for the bit of money it makes. My day job can be a bit boring, so this keeps me amused :) At one point I considered a Kickstarter project for these ones, as the up-front investment costs were quite high.

Anyway, I've been using these in various forms since last year, and there's been no issues with the ink so far, so I think it'll hold up nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's just the leather ones that have the space for that, the Silicone ones are designed to be as low-profile as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

This from the guy that made me make tie-dye FobPockets :biggrin: I like the GID options too, the blue is my current 'ride'.

How many do you have left? Maybe I will buy your whole supply and give them away at the 'X event'. :) Al

PS. To the poster about a spare battery. They are stretchy enough to hold the extra battery. It may cause a friction spot that eventually could wear through the pocket over time. Just a thought.

Whole fob just slides right in, the silicone becomes a second skin. There is a hole on the bottom, beneath the trunk. Pics on the Website show this.

Pete, I love the multicolor on the Perf black. Any chance of a dark green, with grey buttons and white windows?

2e9yhu2e.jpg

Last edited:
Whole fob just slides right in, the silicone becomes a second skin. There is a hole on the bottom, beneath the trunk. Pics on the Website show this.

Pete, I love the multicolor on the Perf black. Any chance of a dark green, with grey buttons and white windows?

Yup. Based on the current Model S colors, I'm missing White, Green, Silver and Brown, so they'll all be in the next batch, but they're at least a month or two away. I didn't think the lighter colors, such as white, would be practical, but the prototype I've had for a while is holding up well, so I think a white with red buttons could look quite cool. Green was meant to be one of the original colors, but through a mix up in Pantone colors, it turned into light blue!