Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vin #?

Vin #?

Confirmed on 5/15 but still no VIN. Is there any rhyme or reason to when you get a VIN# assigned? Not that the car is coming anytime soon or anything.

i had the same question when i ordered, since it appeared a few others were getting VINs within days. the trend seems to indicate that VINs are commonly issued in batches on given dates. i don't know if that's true, but it did happen to me and many others that way. we got our VIN on 5/8 along with a bunch of people.
    60kWh | Pearl White | Black Leather | 21" Silver Turbines | Pano | Tech Pkg | Premium Lighting | Parking Sensors | Obeche Matte | Premium Center Console on Order (ETA Dec 2014)
    Deposit 4/21/2014 | Confirmed 4/22/2014 | VIN 43938 on 5/8/14 | In Production 6/13/14 | Production Complete 6/20/14 | Delivery 6/21/14 |
    Powered by 11.76 kW solar PV system

Yeah, it seems pretty random. I'm in Australia, confirmed on 5/29, and got my VIN on 6/3 - it seems most of the Australian orders happened in one batch!

Just got our VIN (50490)!!! We've been eagerly waiting for something to change on our dashboard and it popped up. Very excited. No update to the delivery. Just says September. Maybe others will have their VIN today if they ordered early June.
    Reserved: June 3, 2014 ♦ RN355452 ♦ VIN Given July 18, 2014 S85 ♦ White ♦ Textile ♦ Obeche Gloss ♦ Pano Roof ♦ Tech ♦ Parking Sensors ♦ Delivery: Sept, 2014 ♦ Adding: Suntek Wrap/Photosync Tint/OptiCoat Pro

I confirmed 24th of May and just got my VIN 50411 today. I think your DS has to update what's displayed for you. Mine hadn't updated around dinner time so I e-mailed my DS and an hour later it was there. Not sure if coincidence or not, but it can't hurt to try!

S85, blue, textile/piano, pano, air, tech, parking, sound, subzero, ordered: 22-May-2014, confirmed: 24-May-2014, delivery 12-Sep-2014, vin: 50411

Quote Originally Posted by karmamule View Post
    I confirmed 24th of May and just got my VIN 50411 today. I think your DS has to update what's displayed for you. Mine hadn't updated around dinner time so I e-mailed my DS and an hour later it was there. Not sure if coincidence or not, but it can't hurt to try!
    That's encouraging. We figured we wouldn't have a date until mid August. I'm sure there were quite a few cars that entered the system today and your email may have prompted the DS to put yours in quicker. Ours will probably get it in some time next week. I doubt she's working the weekend, so we'll wait. We're hoping for the 12th-15th. We have some additional things we want done before our roadtrip in late Sept. She knows about it, so she may work some magic to get the car to us sooner. Crossing our fingers!
    Reserved: June 3, 2014 ♦ RN355452 ♦ VIN Given July 18, 2014 S85 ♦ White ♦ Textile ♦ Obeche Gloss ♦ Pano Roof ♦ Tech ♦ Parking Sensors ♦ Delivery: Sept, 2014 ♦ Adding: Suntek Wrap/Photosync Tint/OptiCoat Pro

Items for Sale
    I just notice there is a number for my model s, something ends with 50xxx. Is that my VIN? What does it mean when there is a VIN number? People seem to talk about it a lot on the forum.

P85 43796
    Quote Originally Posted by dark View Post
    I just notice there is a number for my model s, something ends with 50xxx. Is that my VIN? What does it mean when there is a VIN number? People seem to talk about it a lot on the forum.
    Yes, that is your VIN. It means you can start shopping around for loans and auto insurance, both of which need a VIN for an accurate quote.
    P85 | Blue | Tan | Obeche Matte | Dual Chargers | Tech | Air | Parking Sensors

Quote Originally Posted by dark View Post
    Try this link:Decoding Tesla Model S VINs It will help you understand just what a vin number means.
    S85 (Supercharger/19" Michelin) | Solid White/Textile Seats | Obeche Gloss | Tech Package | Parking Sensors | Pano | Center Console (on order) | Parcel Shelf | Ordered and Confirmed 6.3.14 | VIN: 50490 assigned 7.18.14 | Delivery: September

Order confirmed May 24, got my VIN today (7/20). Delivery estimate says late August (which is what it's said ever since I confirmed the order), but my DS called me about 2-3 weeks ago and said it would be the first week of September. I'm in the U.S.

Thread Information