Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Phone holder experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had been looking for a clean solution to hold my phone and preferably charge it and have found this solution that I wanted to share with everyone:

It is the iMagnet:
http://amzn.com/B008IOQ3K6

iMAG1.jpg

It sticks firmly and can be removed at anytime, and is rather unobtrusive. My Nexus 5 perfectly holds to it magnetically without the need for a protective case! I believe the battery inside the Nexus 5 is very close to it's back cover and that may be what is doing the trick here.

iMAG2.jpg

iMAG3.jpg

iMAG4.jpg

The USB cable connected to the cig lighter easily reaches the phone, and the black cable basically disappears against the black carpet in the center tunnel.

I bought the iMagnet from Amazon for about $25 and am very happy with how it has held up (over 6 months). Despite the hot temps, the mount has stayed firmly in place.

If your phone won't directly hold to the magnet, the vendor provides several 1mm thick metal discs that you can sandwich between the back of your phone and a protective case - this has worked very well with my wife's rather heavy Nokia Lumia phone.