Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kansas City First Friday w/ Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the link:
Join TBCo members, Surmount Studios & Britewerk, at the upcoming First Friday on June 6 with special guest Tesla Motors! Tesla Motors and Quixotic Fusion will be featured outside in the parking lot. Special VIP guests will have the opportunity to network with local businesses, enjoy appetizers & drinks along with live music and live entertainment from Quixotic on the 6th floor loft.

If that’s not enough encouragement to get you out and about in KC on a Friday evening, silent auction bidders will have the opportunity to enjoy a night on the town with the Tesla Model S!
Neat! There is a $10 entry fee, to cover the food/drinks I'm sure.

What's the address for this event? Is there a hotel with charging nearby? I've used the Aloft and a place on the North side of town before. Would consider the drive up from Springfield area with the wife for this for a quick weekend "date".
We have used the Courtyard at Briarcliff (north side of KC) many times on our trips north. We might consider going but I don't want to fight you over the charger. Perhaps there is another Tesla owner with an 100 amp HPWC nearby? We know Kevin and Tara Hall have been very generous to us. Guess I should first check with Lila to see how interested she is in going.

My wife and I will be there Friday night. Some of the guys from Britewerk came to our last Tesla get together and were filming our cars. So, I think some area owner's cars will be up on the screen.

I have a NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage that will charge at about 30 miles per hour of charging. Not the 60 miles per hour charging of a HPWC I know; but, if you can leave the car overnight as one of the attendees to the last event was able to do, you would have a full charge by morning. Send me a private message if you are interested. I live about 14 miles (20 minutes) from downtown.

We have used the Courtyard at Briarcliff (north side of KC) many times on our trips north. We might consider going but I don't want to fight you over the charger. Perhaps there is another Tesla owner with an 100 amp HPWC nearby? We know Kevin and Tara Hall have been very generous to us. Guess I should first check with Lila to see how interested she is in going.
That's where I've stayed before too. You're welcome to it, we have other plans that night.

It was a fun event Friday night. There were two Teslas down in front of the building and the party was on the sixth floor. Lot's of people, great vibe, cool live jazz, nice lighting, and my favorite was a chance to try on some Oculus Rift goggles which had been programmed to display an external and internal view of a Tesla 3D model.

I met Russ, the new Service Manager, here in Kansas City. He made a cryptic reference to being close to having a location for the service center but still couldn't say exactly where...

Then, since we didn't find any art that we couldn't live without, we had dinner at the nearby Webster House.

Great evening.

IMG_4051.jpg

Is anyone from the Kansas City group planning on going to TMC Connect? A few of from St. Louis are planning on driving out. Will probably be in Kansas City Sat night (4/12), staying over to charge. Let us know if anyone would like to get together for dinner while we are in KC. And if anyone wants to join us for the drive check out the TMC Connect: Cross Country group.

Is anyone from the Kansas City group planning on going to TMC Connect? A few of from St. Louis are planning on driving out. Will probably be in Kansas City Sat night (4/12), staying over to charge. Let us know if anyone would like to get together for dinner while we are in KC. And if anyone wants to join us for the drive check out the TMC Connect: Cross Country group.

You mean 7/12 don't you? Hopefully some of the superchargers on I-70 will be up for you by the time you go.

I'd love to go to TMC Connect; but, I have taken vacation other weeks and can't get the time off. I don't know if anyone else is going or not.

I am free Saturday night and would love to get together for dinner. I'll circulate an e-mail and see if anyone else is interested as well.