Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parcel Shelf now included

P85 43796

Parcel Shelf now included

Parcel shelf now free and included with all Model S versions.

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/design

Name:  ParcelShelf.png
Views: 1130
Size:  314.8 KB
    Last edited by maxwells; 2014-06-03 at 11:43 PM.
    P85 | Blue | Tan | Obeche Matte | Dual Chargers | Tech | Air | Parking Sensors

I order mine 2 weeks ago. When I go to my Tesla to view my design. It does not show included. Sould I call or email Tesla?

P85 43796
    I believe it's only for new orders.
    P85 | Blue | Tan | Obeche Matte | Dual Chargers | Tech | Air | Parking Sensors

I will call them to see if they can add it to my order. It's been only 2 weeks!

Well, good. I paid for mine but always thought it was kinda expensive for what you get and really should have been included all along.
    Delivered 03/09/2013

85kWh | Blue Metallic | Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Gloss | 19" Wheels | Pano Roof | Tech Pkg | Sound Studio | Air Suspension | Parcel Shelf | Twin Chargers

The opinions expressed here are to be taken as my own and do not represent those of anyone else, including my employer. Please do not copy anything I post outside of the TMC Forum without express permission.

Quote Originally Posted by USCjon View Post
    I will call them to see if they can add it to my order. It's been only 2 weeks!
    Confirmed on 5/23 and just asked Tesla f it could be added to the build... they said no. No biggie. Had to ask.

Whenever my past cars have had parcel shelves I've found them more trouble than they're worth and they end up sitting in my house somewhere. I just ordered on May 24th so suppose I could be bothered by this but, meh, I'm too excited about too much other stuff to worry about something that'll end up in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by karmamule View Post
    Whenever my past cars have had parcel shelves I've found them more trouble than they're worth and they end up sitting in my house somewhere. I just ordered on May 24th so suppose I could be bothered by this but, meh, I'm too excited about too much other stuff to worry about something that'll end up in the basement.
    I, on the other hand, have always used them. I find they are helpful in concealing "stuff" I may have back there and also find it helps mute road/tire noise from the back of the car. Given that there are others out there that didn't pay for one and may now want one, you may be able to make a few bucks if you choose not to install it.
    Delivered 03/09/2013

85kWh | Blue Metallic | Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Gloss | 19" Wheels | Pano Roof | Tech Pkg | Sound Studio | Air Suspension | Parcel Shelf | Twin Chargers

The opinions expressed here are to be taken as my own and do not represent those of anyone else, including my employer. Please do not copy anything I post outside of the TMC Forum without express permission.

Quote Originally Posted by mknox View Post
    I, on the other hand, have always used them. I find they are helpful in concealing "stuff" I may have back there and also find it helps mute road/tire noise from the back of the car. Given that there are others out there that didn't pay for one and may now want one, you may be able to make a few bucks if you choose not to install it.
    This is a biggie for me too. Also, it seems to keep the rear seats warmer in colder months. It does get in the way sometimes, but I've got the earlier version which folds flat, so I can stick it out the way quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by mknox View Post
    Well, good. I paid for mine but always thought it was kinda expensive for what you get and really should have been included all along.
    It's about time. I was joking that the parcel shelf was 'included' in my wife's Ford Focus Electric. That and it auto raises (i.e. has strings attached) when you open the hatch. Maybe in two more years Tesla can figure that one out.

Think with dispassion; Speak with equanimity; Act in calm.
    Moderator - Southeast, Future Cars, TMC Connect
    Do not use this material outside of Tesla Motors Club without attribution and permission.

Thread Information