Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Manual. What's new?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a standard warning with all cars that have keyless remote fob entry/start systems. There are few pacemakers that if you were too close to the antenna in the car itself that it might inhibit the pacemaker from generating the electrical beat when needed.

Some differences compared to the 5.8 manual I noticed:

• p.6 now shows the antenna locations for the fob. RHD differences mentioned.
  • p.8 Windows auto down by key fob removed
  • p.11 "how to close the frunk" updated. Now more clearly states that both hands must be used or damage will occur.
  • p.23-p.26 child seat instruction re-written (didn't see actual changes, wording change)
  • p.27-p.30 rear facing seat section re-write
  • p.37 New section "using voice commands"
  • p.42 Battery percentage is now a display option. Added note that cold weather decreases range and changes bar to blue.
  • p.48 Added note that foglights turn on/off with headlights.
  • p.61 added hill start assist.
  • p.68 added new features (auto-lowering, mirror fold, TPMS reset etc)
  • p.72 added tip to use range mode to limit climate control energy use
  • p.73 Added auto lowering info
  • p.80 added favorite destinations (nav)
  • p.92 added info on blue battery reserve in cold weather. Added info on auto charge rate reduction if power fluctuations detected
  • p.103 added caution to not use windshield treatment products as wipers may chatter
  • p.105 changed "Never use a car cover when plugged in", to "use only Tesla approved car cover when plugged in"
  • p.129 Tire load and speed rating removed
  • p.134 Added that Tesla road side assistance cover flat tire tow up to 50 miles but does not cover tow due to empty battery

Noticed this difference several days ago (after discovering my charge port behavior changed with 5.9 v. 1.51.109) . . .

Manual circa Software v5.0: "Press the button on a Tesla connector to release the latch"
Manual for v5.9 (dated 6/2/2014): "Press and hold the button on a Tesla connector to release the latch."

I met someone who ran out a few mile short of Harris Ranch in a 60 having left the Bay Area & Tesla paid for a tow, they admitted too driving way too fast, blasting the heater & "didn't bother stopping at Gilroy" at some point shareholders foot the bill.

Some differences compared to the 5.8 manual I noticed:

• p.103 added caution to not use windshield treatment products as wipers may chatter

I have never used a windshield treatment (unless my car wash did so, but I highly doubt it.) And have had the chatter, or stuttering for about 6 weeks since Tesla Service replaced my blades. I believe it is only on the drivers side blade the bottom third or so.

Last edited:
I have never used a windshield treatment (unless my car wash did so, but I highly doubt it.) And have had the chatter, or stuttering for about 6 weeks since Tesla Service replaced my blades. I believe it is only on the drivers side blade the bottom third or so.

The SC replaced the blades and no chatter either before or after. I've been using Chemical Guys' pomegranate window cleaner which acts as if it's hydrophobic even though the description doesn't say so.

While this is stated in the manual, I do not see this option anywhere on the screen referenced by the manual in this section. Perhaps that feature has not yet been added?

I don't see it, either. The manual seems to point me to the place where you can toggle between kW and Miles gained per hour while recharging, but nothing for displaying the battery's SOC in percentage.

In one of the LA to NY videos, you can see SOC% on the dashboard. Were they running a beta version of something more advanced than 5.9?

While this is stated in the manual, I do not see this option anywhere on the screen referenced by the manual in this section. Perhaps that feature has not yet been added?

When I switched it to percentage, I see the battery on the tesla app as a percentage now.
I'll have to switch the option back to Kw to see if it always showed up as a percentage on the apple tesla app, but I don't think it did.

When I switched it to percentage, I see the battery on the tesla app as a percentage now.
I'll have to switch the option back to Kw to see if it always showed up as a percentage on the apple tesla app, but I don't think it did.

Definitely did not have this capability before. App display choices were miles or kilometers, depending on your setting in the car.

Nice find, picture:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405254235.649997.jpg