Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Torin 3 Ton Aluminum Jack Stands & 2 Ton Bottle Jack 160mm, “Stand & Bottle Jack Pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ladies and Gentlemen start your EL engines.

For some time now I have be working on a fast and safe way of getting the MS on jack stands.

To be able to make the “Stand & Bottle Jack Pad” to fit the MS jack pad on the MS perfect I purchased a MS jack pad.

what I can say that I will not recommend using any off the holes in the MS jack pad as you can see two screws is used to hold the MS jack pad to the car, the center hole
have some clearings to the aluminum frame on the car but if you pop that part you will end up hitting the aluminum frame behind it and I don’t think you want to do that.

I cut down the Torin jack stands sow they are short enough to get under the MS jack pad having the “Stand & Bottle jack Pad” in between this pad align the jack stand and the bottle jack

To get the car on jack stands

1. Put the “Stand & Bottle jack Pad” on place
  2. Slide the short Torin jack stand under the “Stand & Bottle jack Pad”
  3. Slide the 2 Ton Bottle jack on top off the Torin jack stand foot under the “Stand & Bottle jack Pad”
  4. Jack it up
  5. Put the pin in the jack stand
  6. Next corner…

The “Stand & Bottle jack Pad” is CNC machined on both sides.

Yes I know you are not supposed to use 4 jack stands but the tires are just clear off ground and I have no plans to get under the car using 4 jack stands.

Are also working on some race ramps special designed for MS that have air suspension.

Alf :biggrin:

This is a much better alternative:

http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/

It is difficult to even get a bottle jack under my Model S. I bought a low profile floor jack.

Yes I agree that the Jack Stands that John made is very nice.

It belongs to the story that I was in Chicago during Easter this year and talked with John on the phone and where planning to get a set off Jack Stands.
What I didn’t know was that two Jack Stands is 19 kg and I brought my empty big suitcase with me, and Jack Stands and suitcase together will exceed 23 kg.
Shipping cost to Norway I get quote from John to about $239.83 and this will wary up and down from week to week.

And I wanted 4 Jack Stands so this will put my shipping weight close to 38 kg (shipping cost over $400 I will think) to use this jack stands I think you need to use a normally a floor jack that go from 2.5 Ton to 3.0 Ton
The floor jack that I can find in this range is about 25 kg

Sow if I have not missed something hear total weight needed to detail my Car “Cleaning Tires & Wheel Wells” is 19+19+25=63 kg = 138 IB/pound

So dragging with me 63 kg off this to the local wash on a rainy day did not look very tempting, not everybody have garage to store things.
Rainy day because then I will not make any queue and if I do I will leave as soon as I can.

As long as you understand how the auto levering on the MS works it looks to me that it is not any issues getting the Bottle Jack under the car the spec on the one I have say 160mm high but it is lower think I measure it to 156mm high. So depending on the level on the ground the car is parked on and if you want to lift front or the rear or both you may have to turn the car around and start in the end of the car that is the highest from the ground.

The drop on the fronts is about 70mm when you jack up the car from suspension very high.

This is not really relevant but this was the cost for me in Norway
Torshov bilrekvisita: 4 stands 600kr $100
Clas Olson: 1 Jack 99kr $16.50
Maxbo: 1m of oak 130kr $21.66

I have asked Tesla for a detailing mode for the car that is super high and super low but have not given any respond yet I know that Jerome will be in Norway soon I may go and ask him personally about that.

If I had garage I don’t think I will spend all that time that I have be doing to make this and come up with this alternative.

So thank you for the info and I’m sure that for most the Jack Stand that John designed will be the way to go.

Thank you

Alf