Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Will Canada Have Superchargers?

When Will Canada's First Supercharger Open?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Okay, time to have some fun instead of complaining. Place your bets for the month when the first Canadian Supercharger opens. From those who select the correct month we'll randomly select a winner who will get the grand prize of... a free Supercharge.

I took August 2104

Wow... Canadian owners are screwed!

:smile:

On a different note, I hope Tesla has a historian... it would be nice to know some of trials and tribulations later, when the information isn't nearly as sensitive. I would love to know what was the actual problem. There is probably someone(s) inside of Tesla more pissed about the Supercharger situation in Canada than even the owners.

Well, I guessed August and I'm thinking it'll be at the Toronto East Service Center (little use to me). Probably the easiest from a siting and electrical servicing perspective.

The first (Ontario) priority should be the Hwy 401 corridor from Windsor to Montreal. I'm not clear why they are prioritizing the section east of Toronto when I would bet there is more overall traffic on the western section. The western section is an important tourism route to/from the US into Canada. (I don't have actual traffic flow numbers, but would be interested in knowing the utilization levels on the various 401 sections)

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
I dunno, it's pretty busy East of Toronto, too. Lots of traffic going to/from Quebec. Lots of Teslas in Quebec...

Yes, but there's lots of Teslas in New York and Michigan too. Its as if Tesla believes Canadians will stay in Canada and Americans will stay in the US when, in fact, there's lots of cross border traffic. The Superchargers shouldn't be where the owners are, but rather on the way to where they want to go, and I don't think it's reasonable to treat Canada and the US as separate and unique.