Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos of first test of rear lighted T on car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tested the beta of the rear lighted T tonight and snapped a few photos. The set-up was rather crude (the T and arch were temporarily glued in place and the wiring was outside the car) so the photos don't do it justice. The test was to evaluate the color tone of the red LEDs to be sure they matched the tail and brake lights and also to test the brightness of the T at both levels -- with rear running lights on and brakes applied. The color match is nearly perfect but the lower brightness level needs to be reduced 10-15 percent to match the rear running lights. With brakes applied the brightness match is quite good.

Here are a few photos. Regrettably the camera does not capture the full effect. But even with my crude set up it was quite cool.

_DSC4885.jpg

_DSC4884.jpg

Last edited:
There won't be a list this time -- they'll go into production as soon as we iron out the remaining details. This time we'll have an installation video by the time we take and ship orders.

Will this T have the same trouble the front T has with Signature models (namely that the curvature of the T is different so it won't work on the Sig)?

Thanks!

are you going to be showing your mods at TMConnect? you have come a long way since last year:smile:
there is probably someone driving who has them all if you aren't. pretty cool!

actually today I was at a SC talking to a man who just drove from Boston to the San Francisco area. we were both making the Las Vegas to Gilroy stretch and he saw some of my mods and said it would be cool to have a lighted T on the front. I told him to check out this place again :wink:

Tested the beta of the rear lighted T tonight and snapped a few photos. The set-up was rather crude (the T and arch were temporarily glued in place and the wiring was outside the car) so the photos don't do it justice. The test was to evaluate the color tone of the red LEDs to be sure they matched the tail and brake lights and also to test the brightness of the T at both levels -- with rear running lights on and brakes applied. The color match is nearly perfect but the lower brightness level needs to be reduced 10-15 percent to match the rear running lights. With brakes applied the brightness match is quite good.

Here are a few photos. Regrettably the camera does not capture the full effect. But even with my crude set up it was quite cool.

View attachment 50694

View attachment 50695

Looks Great Im interested,