Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cusom LCD screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to install an aftermarket front and backup sensor and maybe a camera option as well and have the components to put it together.
I have a reputable custom shop that I am confident will do a good job the issue I am having is placement of the screen

Attached is a rough mock up of two possible locations for the screens the dimensions are 63.5mm x 38.2mm" with a required depth of approx. 19.5mm
I also have a slightly smaller screen if the 63.5mm is to large but either way this obviously means cutting into the carbon fiber trim and dash.

Anyone offer some advice on what is directly behind the two locations and any fitment issues before I cut into the dash
Any input would be welcome

Attachments

• Screen Left.jpg
    Screen Left.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 409
  • Screen Right2.jpg
    Screen Right2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
This looks interesting. Personally I think the screen on the left (near drivers door) is preferable: much less visible to passengers and others looking at the car but still usable for you. Also a little screen perched next to the big screen draws more attention to it and I think looks more out of place.

I've been considering putting a 5" screen below the cubby but on a hinge to swing it up and out of sight, then swinging is down only when I need it for my front facing camera.