Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance vs Performance+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the difference between Performance and Performance+ in the Model S? And in your opinion, is it worth it?

also, what is the price difference between the two? I assume the biggest jump in cost is buying a P85 over a standard 85.

I'm getting the Model X, which I assume will also have the same option choices. We are nowhere near the ordering stage, but trying my best to prepare and get a feel on how much the extra options are going to pile up!

The main differences are wider tires in the rear and suspension changes. Whether it is worth it or not is entirely subjective. My two cents is that if you are going to get the performance version you might as well spring for the plus because the handling is much improved. The prices show on the design studio at the Tesla Motors site.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize you can price out everything on the S so easily without giving out any information, etc. I have been obsessing over the X, and haven't spent much time going through the S. When I test drove the S, it was a P85+ loaded to the gills. It was great, but the sticker was about 124k!

A bit off topic here... It makes sense that MX will likely cost more than MS for the reasons you stated. But I missed where Elon said anything about the MX pricing yet. Do you have a reference?

I thought Elon or someone from Tesla saying something in the past that they anticipate it costing maybe 5% more (or maybe that was just speculation here). No official pricing out yet though.