Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elio Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you can't afford a BEV - even after Tesla's $35K car, this is a step in the right direction. It's small, but is supposed to get a 5-star crash rating (all bets are off if they don't get at least 4). It doesn't cost a lot - so you can save your money for something better later on.. In addition, it gets TWICE the gas mileage of other car that are considered very efficient.

Don't let "perfect" become the enemy of "good".

I'll agree, there's a lot of people out there who's perceived needs (whether real or not) are not currently covered by an electric car they can afford. The more of these people that are getting 84 mpg instead of 20 or 30 the better. I bought a Volt because I can't afford a Tesla and no other electric vehicle works for my needs, so it was the best way to reduce / eliminate gas usage. My fiance has similar needs but cannot afford a Volt, so I've been trying to convince her to get an Elio since its the vehicle that will do the most to reduce gas usage based on her needs.

I was able to see the currently touring prototype in Syracuse, NY a couple weeks ago. I'm 6'2" 195lbs, and I was quite comfortable in the drivers seat. The back seat would be fine if I were shorter, not enough headroom for someone my size, but is otherwise comfortable.