Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Tesla. I have been following the car since it's inception and have always been a big fan of Tesla. I was getting a little crazy about getting the MS mainly after test driving one and finding this forum where you all talk about how much your love your cars. It was hard getting past the cost of the car and I have been holding out for a year since my test drive. Well, last weekend my wife bought me a MS for my birthday. We configured the car online and called the local SC. We found out that they had an inventory car with all of the options we wanted plus several we had only thought about (pano, dual chargers, cyclone wheels, performance seats, high fidelity sound, etc). We got a great discount and ended up receiving the car on my birthday. 6 days from pulling the trigger to driving my car!

I now truly understand what I have read on this forum about the MS. This car is a game changer! It is an absolute blast to drive and the technology and quality is excellent. I will leave it at that since most of you have already experienced this euphoria.

I wanted to thank all of you that have written your pros and cons for this car. Your information helped me decide ultimately to make this very large purchase with confidence.

Specs:
Red P85
Tech package
Air suspension
Pano roof
Dual chargers
Performance seats
Piano dash
Cyclone wheels
High fidelity sound
Parking sensors
Yacht floor
Parcel shelf

Initial Pros and Cons:
Pros

• Gorgeous
  • Loaded with technology
  • Performance (acceleration, cornering, brakes, etc.)
  • Range
  • Space
  • Super Chargers (Tried one out today on a day long trip!)
  • American made
Cons

• Needs pockets
  • No lights on the vanity mirrors (obviously minor, but seemed odd to me)
  • Cup holders are kind of in the way and missing in the rear (I’m looking forward to the center console)
  • Wish it had LTE instead of 3G
  • I wish the backup camera had a line overlay like my Volt

Here are a few pics!
Joules_1.jpg

Joules_2.jpg

Do you have gray leather seats or textile? I can't tell from the photos. Beautiful car and great configuration! Our MC red is to be delivered 6/27.

We have the performance black seats with the red piping. We had actually discussed textile or the standard leather for quite a while. We were going to go with standard black leather for our order but it just happened that the car we got had performance leather. I think textile or leather look great. Congrats on your car. You are going to be very happy!